As a General Surgeon on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, you'll be at the forefront of medical innovation in a wide range of surgical procedures. From groundbreaking work in regenerative medicine to the development of 3-D anatomical models to aid in surgical pre- and post-op planning, the surgical advancements being pioneered right now by the U.S. Army Medical Department are improving outcomes for their patients and changing the practice of medicine. As part of the U.S. Army Medical Corps, you may conduct research, participate in graduate medical education, perform special functions in health support, conduct and supervise patient care and health promotion programs and examine, diagnose and treat patients requiring surgery. Additionally, you'll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large while gaining access to invaluable opportunities, like supporting humanitarian missions, leadership training and competitive benefit packages. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed. Join us and work alongside professionals at the top of their fields while helping expand the boundaries of general surgery.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
- Travel opportunities
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
- Permanent U.S. residency
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Staff Sergeant, United States Army
Station Commander, Orlando Physician Recruiting Station
3401 SW 160th Ave STE 301
Miramar, FL 33027
Office: (954) 450-9920
Cell: (404) 808-6961
Serving to Heal! Honored to Serve!
As a General Surgeon on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team, you'll be at the forefront of medical innovation in a wide range of surgical proced...
Apply on company website