As a Psychiatrist on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team , you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself into a special culture and environment in which your diagnoses and treatments will support the readiness of our military's efforts and improve the lives of our Soldiers and their families. You'll have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative technologies and treatments in the industry all while practicing in world-class facilities and advancing your skills. Also, you may continue to work in your community and serve when needed. Join us and work alongside professionals at the top of their fields while helping expand the boundaries of psychiatry.
Benefits may include:
- Health professions special pay for physicians in eligible specialties
- A monthly stipend through the Specialized Training Assistance Program (STRAP) for physicians currently enrolled in an accredited residency program.
- Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP) which repays qualifying education loans to lending institutions
- Travel opportunities
- Enrollment in the Uniformed Services Blended Retirements System
- Low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Specialized training to become a leader in psychiatric medicine
- Doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy degree from an accredited U.S. school of medicine or osteopathy; foreign graduates may apply with permanent certificate from the Educational Council of Foreign Medical Graduates
- Current license to practice medicine in the United States, District of Columbia or Puerto Rico
- Eligibility for board certification
- Completion of at least one year of an approved graduate medical education internship
- Completion of a training program in psychiatry or residency in the U.S.
- Between 21 and 42 years of age (waivers granted on a case-by-case basis)
- U.S. citizenship
- Permanent U.S. residency
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/medical
Staff Sergeant, United States Army
Station Commander, Orlando Physician Recruiting Station
3401 SW 160th Ave STE 301
Miramar, FL 33027
Office: (954) 450-9920
Cell: (404) 808-6961
Serving to Heal! Honored to Serve!
As a Psychiatrist on the U.S. Army Reserve health care team , you'll have the opportunity to immerse yourself into a special culture and environmen...
Apply on company website