As a Family Nurse Practitioner, the work you'll do on the U.S. Army health care team is not only an essential service, but also life changing. Its a career that will make a difference in our Soldiers lives, their families, and even your own. Family nurse practitioners are a critical component in providing primary health care support for adults and children during humanitarian missions, other contingency operations and peacetime. Their scope of practice promotes health, wellness and disease/injury prevention. In this job, you will collaborate with and be surrounded by dedicated professionals who share your values and a passion for excellence.
Benefits may include:
- Repayment of qualified education loans to lending institution, paid annually over a maximum of 3 years while serving for qualifying nurse specialties
- Based on your nursing specialty, you may be eligible for an accessions bonus
- Full-tuition scholarship toward obtaining a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and a monthly stipend of more than $2,000.00 through the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP).
- No-cost or low-cost medical and dental care for you and your family
- Travel opportunities, to include humanitarian missions
- 30 days of paid vacation earned annually
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Enrollment into the Uniformed Services Blended Retirement System
- Specialized training to become a leader in the military nurse community
- Masters degree as a Family Nurse Practitioner from a program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Must be between 21 and 42 years of age upon initial appointment. Prior commissioned time is credited one-for-one against the 42-year age cutoff.
- Current, valid, active, and unrestricted nursing license as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Board certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Must be a U.S. citizen
To learn more, visit healthcare.goarmy.com/nurse
Byron J. Lowder
3rd MRB Virtual Recruiting Station
328 Third Avenue
Fort Knox KY 40121
Office Phone: (502) 626-2096
Cell Phone: (502) 314-6548
Apply on company website