We are looking for people who are passionate about building the foundation components that underpin great Android applications. The Senior Android Architect works closely with mobile product teams to enable mobile engineers to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. The Senior Android Architect demonstrates skill in aligning application decisions to an overarching solution and systems architecture and exhibits rigor in app development, code quality, and engineering best practices. This individual possesses a thorough understanding of common Android and iOS architecture paradigms and is knowledgeable about best practices for networking, concurrency, and threading. Experience in app-side data caching design and offline support. Passion for creating testable architecture is a must.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant mobile API design experience and development experience in Java and Kotlin to stay up-to-date with the latest Android technologies. The Senior Android Architect acts as an engineering advocate by improving technical communications with engineers and is understanding of their problems and needs.
• Works closely with the mobile engineering managers and app teams to create architecture solutions; guide the team towards delivering the product based on project requirements and industry best practices.
• Define the technical requirements for the implementation of the android mobile solution
• Creates testable architecture to enable developers to improve and update code to increase quality app-wide
• Collaborates with the architecture group and other teams to improve existing APIs and design new APIs and systems that are scalable, reliable, and performance for mobile apps
• Collaborates with the app teams on automated testing strategy, including continuous integration and delivery
• Provides mentorship for software engineers and participates in interview panels to hire new software engineers.
• Enforce sound development practices through governance and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions; devise metrics for platform health and report key metrics
• Works effectively with multiple projects and departments.
• And most importantly - Takes ownership of the solution from end to end
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 6-8 plus years of relevant experience
Strongly Preferred Skills / Experience
• Hands on Android programming
• Knows security architecture, client-server API, Android technological challenges
• Understanding of requirements and ability to help product make the right decisions
• Experience preparing technical solution and architecture documents for the Android mobile application
• Understanding of various non-functional aspects in mobile application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc.
• Thorough understanding of Android SDK performance tools & techniques for profiling and optimization
• Experience in designing and developing reusable components for use across multiple enterprise applications
• Experience in driving innovation in the Android platform in terms of features and functions
• Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal and be good at presenting ideas to executives
• Master's Degree
• Minimum of 10+ years of experience in developing Android applications using Java/Kotlin
• Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a technical leadership role including architecting end-end mobile applications.
• Discussing technical aspects of the mobile application solution architecture, including the technology used, methodology followed, and devices selected with various stakeholders
• Experience in code governance, quality metrics, ability to design and develop frameworks, create and optimize devops pipelines, are a strong plus
• Experience delivering mobile platform and architecture recommendations based on project requirements and industry best practices
• Experience developing and document detailed architectures for mobile solutions for Android ecosystem
• Enforcing sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise mobile solutions
• Experience leading and mentoring development teams
Apply on company website