U.S. Bank Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is seeking a strong candidate to join our growing team of audit professionals within our Digital Transformation area. The candidate would audit the bank's digital channels, emerging technologies and innovation projects including Mobile Banking, Online Banking, Open Banking (Application Programming Interface (API)), Artificial Intelligence, and Voice Assistance. The audits conducted by the candidate support execution of the Audit Committee's approved plan and provide Senior Management with recommendations to strengthen key business processes and ensure a successful transformation.
The Corporate Audit Services Audit Project Manager is primarily responsible for supervising staff in the completion of audit engagements with minimal supervision from managers, however there are no direct reports. The Audit Project Manager is expected to monitor progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule, assess work performed by the audit engagement team, and provide coaching and on-the-job training for team members to ensure engagements are completed in conformance with internal audit policies and procedures.
1. Monitoring the most relevant Digital Transformation initiatives within the bank.
2. Continuing to develop and share knowledge, within CAS, related to the Financial Service Industry, emerging technologies, and transformation practices.
3. Completing or assisting managers in planning audit engagements. Includes identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; interviewing auditees; determining audit scope; evaluating control design adequacy; and developing audit programs which provide sufficient guidance for testing control performance effectiveness and making evaluations which effectively achieve audit objectives.
4. Supervising audit staff in the completion of audit engagements, ensuring the highest quality work delivered timely. Supervision includes:
• Assessing work performed by staff by providing coaching notes that are relevant to the scope, accuracy and completeness of work performed.
• Performing sufficient reviews to ensure work contains relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions and adhere to internal audit policies and procedures.
• Reviewing issues to ensure potential exposures and significance are included, root causes are identified, and operationally effective and cost-effective actions to address those causes are developed into appropriate recommendations.
5. Assisting the managers in reporting and wrap-up phases of audits. Includes appropriate disposition of issues and drafting audit reports which include issues.
6. Monitoring progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule. Includes making necessary adjustments and promptly completing work paper reviews on a timely basis to ensure all issues are identified and dispositioned prior to report draft issuance.
7. Providing on-the-job training for staff. Includes business knowledge of products, services, and delivery systems; company policies and procedures; applicable laws and regulations; and formal/informal control frameworks.
8. Collaborating across the three lines of defense regarding business processes, risks, and controls. Coordinating audit activities by integrating other internal audit subject matter teams (Information Technology, Banking Products, Operations, Compliance, Risk Management, Treasury, etc.) to ensure appropriate and efficient coverage of the business products, services and processes. Managing the team's workload to assist other audit teams when resources are needed for areas of higher risk.
9. Performing other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
1. Experience with Emerging Technologies, Innovation, Information Technology and Business Processes.
2. Relevant Financial Service Industry knowledge (e.g., Fraud, Information Security & Systems, Lending, Models, Regulatory Compliance, Operations, Banking Products, etc.).
3. Relevant knowledge of Agile, Scrum, and Digital Transformation principles and concepts.
4. Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
5. CIA, CISA, CPA, PMP, CSM or other relevant professional designation or advanced degree.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong critical thinking, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
8. Proven leadership skills.
9. Proven adaptability to changing priorities.
10. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
Apply on company website