U.S. Bank Corporate and Commercial Banking Risk Management (CCBRM) Team is seeking an experienced Centralized Risk, Data and Control Specialist for its First Line of Defense (FLOD) Data and Analytics team. The Data and Control Specialist will be part of the CCBRM Chief Risk Officer (CRO) organization and will have accountability for ensuring activities related to reporting, data analysis, controls, testing, and monitoring activities to proactively assess risk and report on control effectiveness. This position will also participate in the development of program documentation, procedures, and processes as needed – including the use of data analysis and automation to drive action plans and process changes. This position may also be responsible for the following tasks:
• Work closely with stakeholder teams (Enterprise Risk, Compliance, Audit, etc.) to ensure adherence to established policies, processes, and requirements
• Leverage data to assess programs for adherence to applicable regulations, polices, and controls
• Be familiar with regulatory requirements for Corporate and Commercial Banking processes
• Raise issues to management to ensure corrective actions are developed timely and accurately
• Assist in designing, developing and managing control dashboards and other reporting tools
• Develop and implement sampling strategies/methodologies for review activities
• Identify opportunities for automation and demonstrate how data supports a reasonable assurance of control effectiveness
• Communicate testing results\findings to key stakeholders to determine the effectiveness of review activity results
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Ten or more years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
- Applicable certifications
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
- Previous work experience in banking\financial industry. Risk management experience preferred.
- Wholesale banking operations, products\services knowledge desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with statistical software such as SQL, R, Python, and SAS for data extraction, data mining, and predictive analytics, along with expert Excel familiarity.
- Previous work in banking, finance or risk management fields preferred.
- Strong analytic skills with the ability to extract, collect, organize, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- PC proficiency using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office products.
- Experience using one or more reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, etc.
- Experience with one or more query development tools such as SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Toad Datapoint, etc. VBA experience is a plus.
Apply on company website