At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
The Syndications Senior Business Development Associate for NMTCs (Sr. BDA) will be responsible for managing repeat investor relationships and supporting the NMTC Business Development Officer in sourcing new investors to buy NMTCs from USBCDC. The Sr. BDA will manage key CDC relationships and secure repeat commitments from these relationships. The Sr. BDA will coordinate with the Director of Investor Strategy on getting the fund offerings complete. The Sr. BDA will follow-up and communicate regularly with US Bank Lines of Business relationship managers to identify potential customers for the BDO. The Sr. BDA will work with USBCDC accounting, external legal, and compliance on potential new structures and products. This role requires strong understanding of the NMTC program, excellent customer relationships skills, great collaboration with the NMTC origination team, and excellent communication skills to manage repeat commitments of Fortune 500 companies and large financial institutions.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
A successful candidate for the Sr. BDA position will demonstrate the ability or potential to:
• Manage key customer relationships to generate repeat annual commitments to buy NMTCs.
• Support the BDO in structuring syndications transactions in a manner that is both marketable to investors and compliant with all tax, legal, and regulatory considerations
• Communicate the terms of a NMTC syndication with repeat investors including structure, financial returns, investor risks, and mitigants.
• Follow up with tax, accounting, and others on new structure and new product opportunities
• Support BDOs in following up and communicating with US Bank relationship managers around prospect lists
• Collaborate effectively with NMTC Productions, Asset Management and other teams throughout the CDC
• Extensive travel to meet with Investors in person and attend investor conferences.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Four or more years of experience in financial services and/or real estate activities
- Three or more years of CDC experience, or comparable work experience
- MBA, CPA, JD, CFA or candidate for CFA, or comparable work experience
- Excellent communication, customer relationship, and collaboration skills
- Proficiency understanding and communicating financial models based on IRR and XIRR
- Self-starter and able to work in environment with minimal direction
- Strong understanding of real estate and/or NMTC transactions
U.S. Bancorp Community Development Corporation, the tax credit and community development division of U.S. Bank, believes all people have a right to the possibilities that come with living in a safe and vibrant community. Our investments in affordable housing, economic development and renewable energy projects have a lasting social and environmental impact in communities. Visit www.usbank.com/cdc to learn more.
Our teams put equity at the center of our intentions, operations and actions. Diverse identities, backgrounds, and perspectives help to create a better workplace for everyone, should be appreciated, and should be intentionally sought out. All our employees should have access to opportunities for growth and development throughout their careers. By putting equity at the center, our organization will retain great employees who know they will be able to make meaningful contributions and to do their best work here.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $98,175.00 - $115,500.00 - $127,050.00
Apply on company website