The Credit Risk Quality Assurance Professional will join an established team with an oversight role providing and meeting heightened risk and regulatory expectations.
This opportunity maintains and expands Quality Assurance processes at the enterprise level which include but are not limited to weak and marginal credit identification and reporting, as well as evaluating new higher risk borrowing relationships and risk rating accuracy through systemic testing.
Additional responsibilities include analyzing and validating often times complex underwriting and lending criteria used by numerous wholesale and smaller business divisions and credibly challenge if needed; creating or compiling reports to internal service partners and the regulatory authority; conducting risk analysis and risk management projects and analyzing results to identify key risks and trends; and proactively identifying reporting gaps and process improvement opportunities to support the team's strong risk management objectives.
- Identifies and evaluates risk, credit quality, and potential problems within a product or Business Line.
- Provides expertise and consultation regarding credit issues and gives advice and guidance to applicable product or Business Lines.
- Facilitates originations with the Business Lines and validates underwriting criteria.
- Initiates and maintains credit policy for new and existing credit products.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven to ten years of applicable experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or economics
- Seven years or more of experience or related experience in commercial credit analysis or wholesale portfolio management
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lending and credit analysis
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Resourcefulness and ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and with others
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Aptitude to learn, prioritize multiple tasks and be attentive to detail
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Proactive risk identification, evaluation, and monitoring practices
- Strong project management and strategic planning skills
- Thorough knowledge of credit administration, policy, and procedures
- Access and/or SAS database management and development expertise
- Preferred knowledge of proprietary software (loan and deposit systems, credit approval, etc.)
Apply on company website