U.S. Bank is seeking a Data and Reporting Analyst with strong SQL experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role the Data and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for providing data solutions to the Operational Controls organization, which supports U.S. Bank's Retail Payment Solutions (RPS) Operations business (Fraud, Disputes, Card Member Services, Card Issuance, Underwriting).
• Perform data extraction and data manipulation for Quality Control testing and Issues Management teams. This includes researching and locating data populations, development of code to gather and review data, as well as execution and maintenance of reporting capabilities for ongoing test processes.
• Automate report and test activities via schedulers, outlier reporting, and/or macros; which validate fixed field information from source systems or databases.
• Work with quality and audit teams in support of remedial alternatives to technology dependent solutions.
• Collaborate and communicate with partners in Risk, Compliance, Legal, Credit Operations, Fraud, Cardmember Services, and Technology & Operations (TOS) integration.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
• Three or more years of experience in data management activities
Required Skills / Experience
• Proven experience with SAS, SQL, Visual Basic, macros, and other similar programming and data management toolsets used to extract and manipulate information from a variety of production systems and/or database sources
• Deliver output to users in required formats, identifying and correcting data anomalies
• Automate extraction and delivery of information for optimal efficiency
• Respond to and prioritize new data requests from partners in Quality Control, Audit and Issues Management, Relationship Management and Functional Areas.
• Provide ongoing support and maintenance of data portfolio and related capabilities; including proper design and execution of frequent extracts relied upon by Quality teams.
• Support break fix activities for tools utilized by Quality teams; including triaging problems with Technology and Operations organization, Data Warehouse teams, and other data source owners.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Thorough knowledge of project management activities and techniques.
• Strong experience managing, designing, and delivering against high level and low level design business requirements
• Intermediate to Advanced coding experience
• Proficiency with design and development of SharePoint and data sharing tools
• Familiarity with products/services, systems, and associated controls; Understanding of the applicable regulations, laws, and other business requirements the area must comply with.
• Solid understanding of quality control/process improvement tools, deciphering data anomalies and statistically significant events.
• Task oriented with ability to manage deadlines effectively
Apply on company website