The Data Software Engineer will execute true end-to-end development and testing of software products in an agile lifecycle. Partnering with key technical and business stakeholders, the agile developer will help refine the product vision, estimate and design a solution, create, purchase, or customize the requisite hardware and software to create the solution, ensure the quality of the final product through manual and automated tests, and support the new software as it is moved to production.
• Making significant contributions in delivering the engineering build-out of SQL, OLAP (database systems) and visualization engines
• Leading complex technology performance testing & architecture evaluations & driving complex technology programs in cutting edge domains
• Contribute towards elastically scaling the database systems in the public cloud
• Contribute towards enhancing the performance of database systems in terms on response time, throughput, CPU utilization etc.
• Contributing back to open source community on the new features
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Three to five years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in programming languages – Java, Python
- Experience in creating REST API using Spring Framework
- Strong background in database systems – SQL engine,
- Strong background in distributed systems and cloud concepts (Kubernetes
- Full Stack development experience – CI/CD process, Automated testing etc.
- Strong in theoretical foundations and practical knowledge analytical & SQL engines such as Presto, Druid, SparkSQL, Blazing SQL, Dremio and Apache Arrow
- Familiarity on authentication, authorization and hive metastore
- Familiarity with high performance storage systems (cloud, open source etc.)
- Familiarity with open-source software development and community
- Familiarity with increasing the performance of database systems with hardware enhancements – GPU, memory etc.
- Familiarity with visualization tools
- At least bachelors in computer science from reputed university and masters preferred
Apply on company website