U.S. Bank is currently seeking a Deposit Fraud Operations Manager who will oversee the Deposit and Check Fraud Prevention teams within the Enterprise Fraud Strategy's Transaction and Item Fraud group. We are looking for an engaging thought leader who is passionate about fraud prevention and who possess proven industry skills to lead multi-site operations teams as the group works to detecting and preventing fraud from impacting our customers and their accounts. A candidate must have Fraud operations leadership experience.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to maintain overall performance of Deposit Risk Prevention
• Demonstrate strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and leads teams and employees to effectively deliver best in class fraud prevention performance;
• Fosters an inclusive culture that promotes teamwork, recognizes performance, and appreciates effort;
• Promotes thought leadership to drive efficiency and recognize process and technology enhancements that aid in increased detection and prevention performance;
• Leads business performance through organizational development and workforce planning initiatives;
• Enables leaders and employees to meet and exceed business objectives;
• Manages change and drives the business strategy;
• Builds a talent pipeline through succession planning, talent assessment, and development;
• Maximizes employee performance and advocates for career development;
• Collaborates with internal and external partners to analyze operational trends and identify control improvements;
• Designs and implements best in class operational processes that deliver performance and demonstrate strong control, compliance and audit rigor;
• Promotes an innovative culture to advance loss reduction and balance customer experience;
• Builds relationships and works with peers, leaders and business partners to clarify strategy, manage talent, create value-added organizational capabilities, and deliver supporting HR strategies;
• Takes balanced risks;
• Drives accountability for ethical behavior, inclusion, and fair treatment in support of our culture
• Promotes employee engagement through clear goals, objectives, performance feedback and connecting our workforce to the difference they make in customer's lives and bank performance.
1. Fraud Prevention Thought Leadership: Delivers proven operational performance experience leading fraud prevention teams in their daily efforts identify fraud, consistently and accurately review alerts, maintain compliant processes and maximize efficiency through process improvement and strategy feedback enabling continuous improvement
2. Creating the Employee Value Proposition: Supports corporate cultural initiatives designed to position us as an employer of choice, such as recognition programs, engagement surveys, leadership branding strategies, community involvement, etc.
3. Organizational Design and Development: Effectively diagnoses organization issues and identifies and implements appropriate solutions; coach leaders on improving individual, team, and organizational capabilities; and provides solutions, such as organizational design, team alignment, strategic planning, process improvement, change management, leadership development, retention, and engagement strategies.
4. Cultural Leadership: Establishes an inclusive environment that encourages maximum individual and team effectiveness; provides strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops and guides employees to effectively deliver upon customer loyalty and employee engagement; promotes a strong coaching and development culture.
5. Fraud Prevention Operations: Analyzes data and generates conclusions and recommendations for action; asses business process for compliance with rules and banking regulations to proactively self-identify issues and implement solutions or address requirements to alter system capabilities; participates in industry forums to proactively identify trends and behaviors that require adjustment to internal processes; establishes day to day oversight of the operation that addresses dynamic fluctuation in volumes and fraud attack patterns; develops staffing models that enable shared resources across fraud queues and work types; and identifies strategic or operational actions that will have a measurable, positive impact on business results.
6. Talent Acquisition: Effectively recruits talent with demonstrated qualities that support business objectives; establishes plans to develop leaders and team members for maximum retention and career growth; proactively assists hiring managers in establishing a robust, diverse bench of candidates by interviewing and recommending talent whose skills and competencies meet the hiring profile for applicable positions; assists in strategic assessment of talent needs and develops plans that allow those needs to be met; ensures that processes are in place to orient and train new hires/transfers so as to accelerate individual effectiveness, productivity, and integration into the new department.
7. Talent Management: Embed talent and performance management practices into business planning; ensures talent management and organizational capabilities are aligned with business needs; supports line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline and ensuring accountability for high performance, including both succession and performance processes; designs and implements comprehensive productivity reporting to inform managers and individuals of performance contribution; shifts provides coaching on annual review processes and leading performance; and participates in talent reviews to identify and grow high potentials and identifies successors for critical positions.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of fraud operations-related experience
- Five or more years of leadership experience
- Subject matter expert knowledge of Deposit and Check fraud prevention functions, systems, regulations, policies and procedures for the assigned area
- In-depth understanding and practical application of applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent organizational, managerial and talent management skills
- Proven industry experience in banking, fraud prevention and operational leadership
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/fraud teams, and deadlines simultaneously
- Thorough knowledge of banking operations and human resources
- Nice to have any of the following certifications, but not required: ACFCS, CFCS, ACFE, CFE, IAFCI
Apply on company website