The Digital Platforms Risk Manager is critical in supporting U.S. Bank's enterprise authentication and identity strategies and tactical execution.
The individual contributor role reports directly to the Digital Financial Crimes Lead within the first line of defense.
A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to strategically frame authentication, fraud, and identity control enhancements within a customer-centric approach to optimally balance risk management and customer experience.
This role will support the Bank's digital Authentication & Identity Platform and will be expected to partner closely with product owners and risk managers from other platforms to ensure roadmap alignment; control inventory and documentation; issue remediation, and change management oversight.
This role will collaborate with subject matter experts across the enterprise, including Information Security, Fraud, Technology, Legal & Compliance, and User Experience, to design and implement authentication and identity risk management strategies for all customer segments.
The scope of authentication and identity initiatives will encompass—at a minimum—regulatory risk management, customer onboarding, identity verification, fraud risk threat assessment, and control performance analysis.
This role requires a well-rounded ability to evaluate systemic controls from business, technology, fraud, and regulatory lenses.
Additional requirements include a team-first approach and keen ability to develop strong working partnerships with internal and external stakeholders, highly effective communication skills with senior-level colleagues and management, and the ability to work independently with a strong bias towards action and problem solving.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing enhanced authentication and identity verification controls with an explicit awareness of customer experience and minimizing friction
- Serving as a risk manager on a new enterprise-wide platform development team
- Key Risk Indicator (KRI) reporting & monitoring to assess control efficacy
- Developing design requirements for proof of concept work involving new authentication and identity controls (i.e., Champion-Challenger testing)
- Ongoing enhancements of business intelligence reporting, including fraud loss projections and customer experience
- Forecasting fraud, financial, and customer impacts due to changes in authentication and identity controls, rules, and capabilities
- Audit support & issue remediation
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of applicable experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to find solutions independently
- Ability to influence and lead discussions about customer experience and managing security, fraud, and regulatory risks
- Experience with one or more Agile methodologies
- High proficiency in analyzing data to make informed business decisions
- 5+ years' experience in authentication/fraud/risk management or product development within banking, financial services, or related industry
- Experience designing, measuring and reporting product or business line KRIs and/or KPIs
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for solving complex problems that mitigate risk and deliver an improved customer experience
Apply on company website