At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned business development expectations through outside business development activity and managing existing customer relationships. Development and management of the portfolio should be coupled with sound risk and compliance management and timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues. The Emerging Business Relationship Manager contributes to the profitability and growth of Metro Business Banking by building, developing, and managing new and expanded client relationships with Emerging Business customers. Typically, these customers are companies with more than $10 million in annual revenues. Approximately 60 to 70% of time is spent on outside business development activities. Responsibilities include: sourcing prospects and developing new customer relationships, managing loan and portfolio credit quality, providing financial advice to clients and prospects, selling appropriate bank products and services to those prospects and clients, identifying and recommending financial solutions to clients and prospects, and making referrals to internal partner product experts as appropriate. Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of relationship banking experience Preferred Skills/Experience
- Strong relationship management and business development abilities
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of credit and credit quality
- Effective written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Ability to effectively present to both internal and external audiences
- Broad knowledge of bank products and services that results in confidently recommending financial solutions to clients and prospects
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage customer relationships
- Demonstrates and applies command of complex financial accounting and analysis - Formal credit training preferred but not required - Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of negotiating: pricing, terms, collateral, loan structure, etc.
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website