At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
The Head of Small Business(SMB) Growth Marketing is a vital and visible role that will fuel US Bank next wave of growth as we introduce new SMB solutions. Reporting to the SVP of SMB Marketing, this influential and innovative leader will be responsible for setting strategy and driving excellence across all direct and channel/partner demand programs – carrying OKRs that link directly to the SMB Segment revenue goals.
To thrive in this role, you must be whole-brained – bringing a strong analytical and strategic mindset to the work, while simultaneously being able to generate bold new ideas and breakthrough creative befitting a category pioneer.
Given the integrated and cross-functional nature of demand gen programs, you must also have gravitas and far-reaching influence as a leader – motivating and mobilizing teams across Marketing and Sales, agencies and partners, and beyond. You are focused on outcomes, not activities – and are the type of leader who relishes stretch goals.
You will be an early hire of the SMB marketing team that will help scale the user acquisition discipline at U.S. Bank. As much as you drive business outcomes, you also value people outcomes. You have a passion and a particular talent for building high-performing, happy teams.
- Craft the future vision and roadmap for SMB Growth Marketing – including 3-year plan and organizational strategy.
- Drive the company's holistic direct and channel/partner growth marketing strategy to meet or exceed new business and existing customer expansion goals.
- Lead growth marketing planning, goal-setting and budgeting cycles, quarterly and annually.
- Lead marketing investment decisioning across SMB products and marketing channels.
- Oversee end-to-end execution of all integrated demand programs – including planning and development, response and pipeline modeling, target setting, integrated team mobilization, development and deployment, performance tracking, reporting and measurement, learning and optimization recommendations.
- Partner closely with Marketing, Sales, Sales Enablement, and Operations leadership – and others as needed, internally and externally – to ensure fully integrated execution of all programs.
- Recommend tools and technologies needed to advance our global demand strategies.
- Conduct business and financial analysis to evaluate performance, determine and prioritize opportunities, and drive successful execution
- Rigorously test hypotheses and use data to drive decisions, including implementing the necessary analytical frameworks and reporting mechanisms to measure and drive success
- With segment operations, build systems and processes to track and report on demand pipeline and OKR's(Objective Key Results) – moving toward sophisticated multitouch attribution and using data to continuously monitor and optimize demand strategies.
- Launch programs that drive pipeline in support of new product and solution introductions, new geographies, new market segments, and new personas.
- In partnership with internal and external teams, deliver breakthrough messaging and creative to elevate demand program performance.
- Guide and motivate a high-performing team – including direct reports and cross-functional stakeholders – who, together, are responsible for executing successful demand programs.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience creating successful integrated demand strategies for high-growth financial services or technology businesses
- Experience building and optimizing a demand engine targeting small business customers
- A thought partner to marketing, Finance & product in developing strategies to attract and retain top talent needed to build a high-performing Growth Marketing function for long-term growth.
- An inspiring, servant-minded people leader who coaches and motivates the Growth Marketing team – as well as the Marketing and GTM team at large.
- A respected leader who has a record of cultivating mutually beneficial relationships and lasting trust with a wide variety of audiences in customer and partner organizations, including executives.
- Fluency in Marketing & Sales tools and technology stack – including emerging capabilities that can accelerate growth.
- Fluency in demand generation metrics and approaches to test and optimize them including the use of automation tools such as Optimizely, salesforce, Persado etc.
- An innate sense of urgency to drive programs forward
- Self-motivated – someone who takes accountability and ownership of your work
- Focused on outcomes and impacts – high degree of accountability to results, not just activities
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of related experience in growth marketing and marketing strategy with proven ability to deliver results
LOCATION: Manager will consider candidates in any location in the US.
If there's anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
Apply on company website