The Onboarding Compliance Specialist reviews and analyzes pre-employment screening materialsagainst federal laws, regulations, and corporate policy to make formal judgments about employment eligibility..
1. Review background reports and supplemental materials collected during the pre-employment screening process.
2. Perform complex legal analysis that involves issue spotting, rule synthesis, and statutory interpretation to draw conclusions about individual eligibility for employment.
3. Ensure ongoing compliance by regularly reviewing and revising policies and procedures against a changing legal landscape.
4. Collaborate with legal partners, vendors, and business line stakeholders to design and ensure the program maintenance of new background screening and clearance processes.
5. Assist with ongoing operational processes and audits to ensure business line needs are met and all service level agreements are adhered to.
1. Analytical Skills: Possess the ability to apply a rule, law or regulation to a fact situation and be able to state the probable outcome. Be able to describe differences between current and previous fact situations which might lead to different outcomes based on a given rule, law or regulation.
2. Communications: Communicate ideas in a clear, concise and respectful manner in both written and verbal form to a variety of audiences.
3. Self-Management Skills: Skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps and achieve desired results.
4. Innovative Problem Solving: Identify and document problems. Use reason logic and intuition to define problems. Identify opportunities for change. Anticipate and plan for change process. Accept change openly, taking ownership to ensure success of change.
5. Process Thinking: Integrate and link individual processes—understand how seemingly unrelated components interact.
6. Key skills include attention to detail, ability to work independently, and problem solve.
- 4-year college degree with a preference toward Business, Pre-Law, HR, or the Social Sciences.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including experience drafting, reviewing, and revising policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with various legal authorities including constitutions, statutes, regulations and case law.
- Familiarity with one or more functional areas of Human Resources: recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, organizational design, HRIS, payroll, training & learning
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an ABA accredited law school.
- One or more years of experience practicing law, preferably employment or criminal law.
- Experience with drafting contracts or legal memoranda.
- PHR/SPHR Certification(s)
- Experience with business process improvement and/or project management.
- Experience assisting with background investigations during pre-employment
Apply on company website