At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
The organization's risk management structure is designed to promote effective governance and risk management that is systematic, transparent, credible, timely, and verifiable through clear delineation and execution of key roles and responsibilities. Its goal is to assess and/or manage risks that may impact the company, including credit, financial, liquidity, market, operational, reputational, strategic, and other risks as appropriate. The Business Risk Professional will partner with their assigned Line of Business, other Business Risk Professionals, and Business Risk Managers to, depending on their function, create, implement, maintain, review or oversee an effective risk management framework. May participate in projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. May identify gaps and inform solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors. May actively identify, respond and/or escalate risks as appropriate. May inform policies and procedures in an effort to maximize profit potential and minimize regulatory exposure. May serve as a functional liaison between the Line of Business and the Lines of Defense.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to seven years of applicable experience
- Applicable professional certifications
- Advanced understanding of the business line's operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Advanced understanding of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Ability to build and manage a team of Business Risk professionals who have credibility and work directly with business line management, as appropriate
- Basic knowledge of Business Risk competencies
- Strong process facilitation and project management skills
- Effective presentation and relationship building skills
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
- Proficient computer navigation skills, particularly word processing, spreadsheet, databases, and presentations
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website