- Responsible for designing, testing, developing, operating and maintaining products, sometimes under the guidance of principal engineers.
- Consistently writes production-ready code that is easily testable, easily understood by other developers and accounts for edge cases and errors.
- Consistently considers best practice when designing APIs and applies applicable patterns across several contexts/codebases, in accordance to agreed best practices and standards. Regularly designs code that fits with the overall architecture.
- Uses systematic debugging to diagnose cross service issues and is adept at using a range of tools to detect when there is an incident and raises this with stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Takes ownership of incidents which fall in their domain and may be involved in the resolution of an incident or provide assistance to others on resolving incidents.
- Understands and knows when to use different data structures. - Understands when algorithms should be applied and the associated complexities. Helps others build their understanding of the applied algorithm and suggests improvements.
- Consistently creates reasonable sized code reviews that contain descriptions of changes and testing conducted. Assesses other code reviews with the lens of quality and value - code quality, acceptance criteria, business logic, test coverage and aligned to overall architecture. Highlights any issues with a code review that might result in release complications. Proactive in evaluating code reviews in the team and resolving open code reviews in a timely manner.
- Understands their team's testing approach and uses quality metrics to identify gaps. Works with their team to recommend solutions that are in accordance with accepted testing frameworks and the testing pyramid.
- Approaches engineering work with a security lens and actively looks for vulnerabilities both in the code and when providing code reviews. Has a holistic view on how the applications across more than one context integrate with each other. Is aware of the organization's monitoring philosophy and skilled with the monitoring tools. Helps tune and change the monitoring on their team accordingly.
- Develops techniques on effective coaching strategies for different individuals. Seeks out mentoring opportunities specifically to increase knowledge in parts of the system that is not well understood. Supports and advocates others and provides tools to help them grow their understanding a technical topic.
- Actively participates and understands Scrum while developing a point of view on an effective software delivery process.
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays before they require escalation.
- Creates project proposals and designs that have considerable impact or touch multiple systems. Technical designs are clear, well thought out, and considers dependencies, failure states, maintainability, testability and ease of support.
- Keeps business context in mind when proposing architectural decisions. Also considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five to six years of relevant experience
- 6+ years of experience in Java EE design and development
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in Microservices/API development using Java/Springboot
- Experience in Cloud native development in AWS or GCP is preferred.
- Experience in streaming technologies like Apache Kafka, Spark is preferred.
- Experience in NoSQL databases like Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience in Jenkins/Cloudbees, Apigee, Istio, Kubernetes, Rancher.
- Complete understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose
- Ability to analyze the bigger picture, identifying and prioritizing with the aim to consider more than one domain within an analysis
- Thorough understanding of the business model in relation to current product focus area
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Ability to collaborate on all aspects of product development
- Technically proficient and able to define and fulfill solutions requirements for end user
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
Apply on company website