The Model Risk Governance (MRG) group is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and enforcing the Model Risk Management program within the Bank. This includes the design, execution, and reporting on policies, standards, and internal procedures for all phases of model life cycle from identification and inventorying to implementation, maintenance, and retirements. MRG provides oversight of model development and validation and reports on the Bank's overall model risk. The Model Risk Governance Reporting Analyst supports the MRG function by:
• Collaborating with business lines, model owners, and model validation to ensure Model Risk Management program requirements are communicated and understood.
• Compiling data and reporting on Model Risk measures across the U.S. Bank model inventory.
• Writing and presenting documentation and presentations summarizing company-wide compliance with the Model Risk Management program.
• Working across business lines with Business Line Chief Risk Officers (BL CROs), BL CRO designees, Model Risk Officers (MROs), and model owners to ensure compliance with Model Risk Management program requirements, including completion of model inventory and model monitoring certifications.
• Contributing to the compilation of quarterly committee reporting.
• Providing additional support as required by other units within the Model Risk Management family.
• Thinking critically about continuous process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, and
- Eight or more years of experience in financial analysis activities Preferred Skills/Experience
• Strong project management skills, including process facilitation and acute attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously.
• Experience pulling and compiling reporting data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to report on compliance with the Model Risk Management program to senior management and to effectively communicate Model Risk Management program requirements to persons or business lines previously unfamiliar with the requirements.
• Experience in modeling within the financial services industry.
• Experience in either model governance or model validation roles.
• Ability to build strong relationships with peers, line of business managers and colleagues across the Bank.
• Ability to provide qualitative effective challenge over a process.
• Comfortable interacting professionally with a diverse group including model developers, model validators, senior management, and other subject matter experts.
• Advanced understanding of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that affect assigned line of business.
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risks, and risk management approaches.
• Knowledge of advanced reporting software programs, such as Tableau or Power BI.
• Demonstrated independence, team work and leadership skills.
• Adept at working in a multifaceted organization.
Apply on company website