- Analyzes and evaluates residential loan applications originated by U.S. Bank branch offices in accordance with industry and business unit standards.
- Gathers, analyzes and interprets all types of credit information for existing and prospective retail banking customers in order to maximize credit and minimize risk and potential loss.
- Develops and maintains a loan underwriting portfolio consistent with the Bank's guidelines for credit quality and Investor or Insurer standards.
- Approves and/or denies loans within certain limits and makes credit structure and loan eligibility decisions.
Work from home opportunity and open to multiple locations within the United States.
This role offers a sign on bonus of $10,000.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Five or more years of mortgage underwriting experience
- Advanced understanding of factors affecting real estate values and credit analysis
- Good mathematical skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with FHA, VA and HUD loans
- FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriting designation
- VA Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) designation
Apply on company website