At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.Job Description
Do you have a passion for the convergence of technology and business? Have you worked with APIs? We at U.S. Bank are seeking API Product Analysts to help us build the bridge between the business and technology teams for API development projects.
The API Product Analyst is core to the success of producing high quality and high value API products. Product analysts are responsible for attending daily stand-ups, translating business requirements into user-stories and creating API specifications using the Swagger framework. Once an API design has been documented, the API Product Analyst will partner with engineering teams to ensure that APIs satisfy the product vision. Additionally, the API Product Analyst will create API documentation for the developers integrating with the API.
About the Team
The U.S. Bank Enterprise API team contributes significantly to enabling our customer-focused experience. We are the first bank to use mobile to open accounts and we are using our data intelligence to bring a next-generation, holistic experience to customers across U.S. Bank.
- Serve as the bridge between business teams and back-end development team managing core platforms and data sources.
- Provide input during requirement elicitation.
- Create user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Design API specifications using the Swagger framework.
- Review API designs with Product Managers and API engineering teams.
- Attend daily Agile standup meetings.
- Plan and perform User Acceptance Testing.
- Create API documentation for the developers integrating with the API (API Security Guide, API Developer Guide, etc).
- Assist Developer Support Team with defects during the testing phase.
- Partner with implementation and support teams to define onboarding and support processes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of JSON format
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs
- Experience using API testing tools such as Postman, SOAPUI
- Technical writing ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail and visual presentation
- 2+ years of designing or programming APIs (though no API programming will be required for this specific role)
- 1+ year of Agile experience
- 1+ year of technical writing experience
- Excellent presentation skills and comfort presenting complex information to senior leadership
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Apply on company website