This individual will manage a team of analysts responsible for supporting the development, production, and ongoing maintenance (including tuning and performance monitoring) of the banks Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Transaction Monitoring systems. These systems include the Actimize SAM Security Blanket model as well as multiple targeted monitoring tools developed internally via SAS/SQL. Additionally, this position will oversee testing of monitoring tools including Actimize SAM Security Blanket and assist with exposure reviews from law enforcement agencies. This individual will be held accountable for oversight of related development of supporting documentation (procedures, development documents, proposals, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) for all programs to be shared with Model Risk Management, senior leaders, Corporate Audit Services partners and regulatory partners. This manager position will also directly provide guidance and instruction to direct reports on these topics.
It is expected that this individual will be highly self-motivated and an effective manager of time. This individual will have proven capabilities in full ownership of analytical projects that require communication and coordination with Technology and Operations Services (TOS), risk managers, business line partners, and alert review resources as well as senior level management. Professional communication skills are crucial, as this individual will represent the team to senior leaders, Corporate Audit Services (CAS), and regulatory partners.
- Possess an awareness of regulatory and U.S. Bank compliance environments as well as an interest to self-educate on new topics and changing requirements.
- Partner with AML alert review teams to understand their workflow and to utilize their feedback, where appropriate, to strengthen the quality of the work product.
- Partner with Business Line (BL) contacts and EFCC Risk Managers to fully-understand US Bank product offerings, embedded BL compliance functions, and where the EFCC FIU team can provide value in terms of risk coverage and mitigation.
- Lead the development and implementation of new transaction monitoring channels per business changes, changes in product risk scoring, and new product implementation.
- Create professional program documentation as it aligns to standards for procedures and model and tool risk governance.
- Professional presentation skills for audiences including but not limited to senior leadership, CAS, regulatory and business partners.
- Coordinate timely response to ad hoc data requests.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and daily guidance to direct reports.
- Expert computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Visio, Teradata/Oracle SQL and SAS.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field
- 10 or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field, and eight or more years of experience in statistical modeling
- Working knowledge of AML/BSA regulations and relevant business systems including Actimize SAM and Actimize eRCM case management tool
- Strong data compilation, programming skills and qualitative and quantitative analysis skills
- Considerable knowledgeable of quantitative and qualitative risk factors, industry risks, competition risks, and risk management approaches
- Demonstrated independence, team work and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Apply on company website