This Senior Quantitative Validation position is within the Model Risk Management Division and supports U.S. bank Model Risk Management program by promote effective governance with the goal to assess risks that may impact the company, including financial, liquidity, market, operational, reputational, strategic, and other risks as appropriate.
This role provides independent oversight and effective challenge to models the bank relies on for financial decision making. Specifically, this individual is accountable for independently validating the technical and functional soundness of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Models operating in a wide range of lines of business including Anti-Money Laundering, Fraud, Marketing and Consumer Banking. The analyst assesses model risk through periodic validation and monitoring activities that independently challenge conceptual design/methodology, reference data, processes, and performance. Validation groups identify corrective actions that promote model risk management process improvements and ensure the timely remediation of identified issues.
The analyst interfaces with key stakeholders throughout validation process, regulators (OCC/FED) and internal audit to discuss justification and reasoning behind validation and review findings.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, and 10 or more years of experience in statistical modeling OR
- Master's or PhD degree in a quantitative field, and eight or more years of experience in statistical modeling
• Ph.D. Degree in quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, business analytics or related field).
• Good understanding of Machine Learning, deep learning and NLP algorithms and methodologies
• Proficiency with open source programming languages, such as Python and R and the related analysis libraries.
• Prior statistical modeling experience (validation or development) with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Modeling
• Previous experience with processing massive datasets (structured vs unstructured data) and drawing insightful conclusions.
• Basic knowledge of cloud Technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud.
• Ability to build strong relations with peers, business line partners, and colleagues across the bank.
• Highly motivated with ability to learn and understand various business lines and their function within the organization.
• Must be a self-motivated worker who is comfortable and effective work with varying level of guidance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to explain complex ideas in simple, non-technical language.
Apply on company website