Responsible for shaping and improving the user experience through design and considering the effects of typography, space, layouts, color illustrations and photography on the usability of digital product. Combines a thorough knowledge of current design trends, and a working knowledge of front-end development to interface across a variety of digital products. Responsibilities include:
- Creates accessible interaction modules, screen layouts, style guides, pattern libraries, images, icons and other visual elements for approved and funded projects.
- Applies and updates existing brand (visual and interaction) standards to accommodate new products and campaigns.
- Presents and communicates design and design goals to teammates and partners.
- Validates code is built as designed during projects (according to brand standards, style guides and pattern libraries).
- Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peer designers to ensure they accurately represent the U.S. Bank brand.
- Collaboratively partners with UX peers (visual designers, content writers, accessibility consultants, researchers, prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences.
- Formally observes user interviews and usability sessions.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience
- Five to eight years of related work experience, such as UX or digital industry, with at least one year of team leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of UX best practices, design thinking process and framework, and experience in workshop and co-creations
- Thorough knowledge of website architecture, interactive design principles, web usability, and online marketing and business needs
- Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
- Experience/familiarity with CSS and responsive design
- Skilled with design /interaction / transition / motion design (portfolio required)
- Experience creating style guides for development teams
- Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations
- Experience collaborating with large teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of UX best practices
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently
Apply on company website