The Wealth Management Consultant is a financial advisor in-training role, part of our exclusive Advisor Development Program. We are looking for candidates with strong work ethics, solid work experience and proven results. The Advisor Development Program starts with a robust, 24-week training curriculum, helping the Wealth Management Consultant develop a strong financial planning foundation, learn and practice sales skills techniques to attract clients, observe customer/prospect meetings and receive coaching and support from field leadership.
Upon successful completion of the training and proficiency components of the program, the Wealth Management Consultant will enter into a “practice production” phase, gaining even more experience meeting with customers/prospects, soliciting business and serving them independently. They will be required to set meetings with existing customers/prospects, conduct meetings to help them determine their financial goals and objectives, perform due diligence into each customer/prospect's financial situation and recommend solutions that meet the customer/prospect's particular financial goals, risk tolerance and tax exposure. This role will advise customers/prospects, using U.S. Bancorp Investment's products and services where appropriate, to deliver economic and market views, investment strategy, manager/fund/security research and due diligence, resulting in tailored advisory services for each customer/prospect's unique situation. Once the “practice production” phase has been successfully demonstrated, the Wealth Management Consultant will become a financial advisor with a specific focus on helping clients achieve their goals through a financial planning relationship. At this time, the Wealth Management Consultant will continue to receive a highly competitive salary plus uncapped quarterly bonuses based on sales results.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four or more years of financial services experience, with a demonstrated track record of success in recent role(s)
- Must have FINRA Series 7 license to apply
- Must obtain FINRA 63 and 65 (or 66, in lieu of 63 and 65) licenses and your state life/health insurance license within 90 days of employment
- Must be a team-player and partner with other colleagues to accomplish business goals
- Thorough knowledge in financial planning, including but not limited to: goals-based planning, asset allocation, retirement planning and education funding
- Thorough knowledge of trading, portfolio management, investment management, investment research/analysis and current market trends in investments
- Demonstrated new business development and relationship management skills, as well as ability to form internal relationships with the goal of generating new business leads and referrals
- Well-developed customer service/relations skills
- Well-developed oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Integrity, professionalism, reliability and excellent people skills
- Proficient with various computer software programs including the ability to use recommended desktop planning tools and processes
Apply on company website