Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Professional Staff - Project/Program Administration
Job Type: Regular
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: IT | Client Services Central & State Sup
Summary of Job Duties: **Located in Jonesboro***
The IT Onsite Support Associate provides tier-one Information Technology support for UAMS Regional Centers and adjacent UAMS entities within the local vicinity. This position is responsible for working directly with customers to provide services such as deployment, troubleshooting and repair, upgrade, asset management, infrastructure monitoring, and rack and stack of equipment in the network, server room, and other locations. This support will include endpoint devices, various peripherals, networking/connectivity, deployment, upgrade, troubleshooting of software, and basic training. This role is expected to work closely with users to ensure that business needs are fully met, and user questions are either answered or escalated and routed to the appropriate recipient. The position is also responsible for ticket/issue escalation and tracking. As part of a geographically distributed but centrally managed team, this position is expected to provide cross-site support, addressing issues and participating in projects impacting not only the local site(s) but also other Regional Centers remotely and, on occasion, in person. Analysts will perform in-depth root cause analysis, troubleshooting, identifying and implementing potential solutions for issues or escalation. Must be able to communicate effectively. Follows best industry practices and identifies opportunities for optimization and standardization. Continually pursues ways to provide value-added solutions. Prepares activity and other reports as necessary. Attains necessary certifications, as applicable, in a timely manner according to policy. Ability to work off hours, provide 24/7 on-call support, and travel as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field of study, no experience required -OR- Associate's Degree in Information Technology or a related field of study, with 2 years IT experience, preferably in a healthcare environment, in a service support role troubleshooting end user hardware, software and network connectivity issues -OR- High School Diploma/GED with 4 years IT experience, preferably in a healthcare environment, in a service support role troubleshooting end user hardware, software and network connectivity issues
- Must have high level of competency in Windows 10, Outlook, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance standards of various organizations/ agencies (TJC, CMS, ADH etc.).
- Experience in managing and multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
- Master's Degree in Information Technology or a related field of study, no experience required
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology or a related field study plus experience listed above
- Knowledge of Epic or other EMRs
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 and other client OS.
- Familiarity with client/server computing model.
- Familiarity with networking and troubleshooting connectivity
- Licenses, certificates or registration: Any of the following: Comp TIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
Commensurate with education and experience
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact email@example.com for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: Annual TB Screening
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: Hearing, Talking
Frequent Physical Activity: Feeling, Sitting, Standing, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity: Crawling, Crouching, Kneeling, Reaching, Stooping
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Apply on company website