Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Other Health Care - Rehabilitation Therapy
Job Type: Regular
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: COM | Peds Kids First Newport
Summary of Job Duties: This position is located in Newport, Arkansas.
KIDS FIRST serves children with special healthcare needs ranging in age from six weeks to five years. In our pediatric day healthcare clinics, children diagnosed as having a medical condition known to place them at risk for developmental delays and disabilities receive intensive intervention.
The Occupational Therapist works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide the evidence-based best practice evaluation and therapy techniques for the birth to 5 population with a variety of fine motor delays/disorders at UAMS Kids First clinic. May provide supervision to occupational therapy assistants. Travel to other KIDS FIRST locations may be required.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
• Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS.
• Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only).
• Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family.
• Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000.
• Leave Time: 11 paid holidays annually, 12 days of annual vacation leave, 12 days of sick leave (additional leave available depending on status).
• Career Training Opportunities.
Salary offered commensurate to experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Two years experience in Occupational Therapy
- Certified by the National Board for Certification of Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) or eligible to apply for the examination
- Current Arkansas Occupational Therapy License or eligible to obtain license within 1 month of date of hire
- Intermediate computer skills
- Master's degree may be substituted for the experience requirement.
- Provides fine motor assessment and treatment using evidence-based techniques in a naturalistic, developmentally appropriate manner.
- On receipt of a prescription, evaluates to determine fine motor skills, visual perceptual motor skills, sensory processing and self-help skills in addition to upper extremity strength, range of motion, muscle tone, dynamic sitting/standing balance for functional task and trunk stability using appropriate diagnostic instruments. Also, determines the need for adaptive equipment and splinting needs.
- Reviews results of standardized scores along with informed clinical judgment and observations to make the correct diagnosis.
- Translates the obtained information into a professional, typed document along with treatment recommendations, developing appropriate goals and objectives as related to patient's needs. Confers with the Medical Director when necessary regarding said results/recommendations. Implements direct therapy for children, based upon findings using evidence-based techniques.
- Continually monitors progress and makes modifications to treatment plan as needed.
- Documents services provided in a professional, timely manner. Carefully, prepares and provides billing documents according to KIDS FIRST and Medicaid guidelines on a weekly basis. Verifies accuracy billing documents through careful review of progress notes, treatment room sign-out forms, and child's individual prescription requirements.
- Collaborates and communicates with families, other therapists, nurses, social workers, director, developmental staff, and contractors to provide the best quality of care and optimal outcomes for each child. Encourage families to take an active role in supporting their child's development using the principles of Family Centered Care.
- Supports the academic mission of the Kids First program. This includes participation in the training of students and pre-service professionals, education and outreach to stakeholders, families served, and community partners. May include training and participation in research projects or other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience
License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact email@example.com for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: Adult Maltreatment, Child Maltreatment, Criminal Background Check
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: Crawling, Crouching, Hearing, Kneeling, Reaching, Standing, Stooping, Talking, Walking
Frequent Physical Activity: N/A
Occasional Physical Activity: N/A, Sitting
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Apply on company website