Join a world-class academic healthcare system, UChicago Medicine, as a Senior ServiceNow Programmer in the Technology Services department.
Under general direction, the Sr Programmer will devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering ServiceNow capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. You will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting these programs. We are searching for someone who is competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of programming activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Support ServiceNow integration with other application using ServiceNow API's, SOAP, REST and other Web Services.
- Create custom reports, dashboards, KPI's and metrics.
- Responsible for the completion of project phases.
- Collect business requirements and formulate and define system scope and objectives under general direction.
- Provide guidance and training to less-experienced analyst/programmers.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant certification in programming, Computer science and/or healthcare, business management or information systems
- Minimum two-year experience in technical documentation writing
- Proven skills in problem solving
- Must work well in a team environment and be able to partner with both business and technical team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Strong multitasking skills; must be a self-starter and able to deliver results on a proactive and independent basis
- ServiceNow Admin Certified a plus
- Preference will be giving to candidates with experience programming any of the following modules (Service Catalogue, Portal, and Asset Management)
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Prior experience defining and documenting business requirements and managing project through implementation strongly preferred
- Experience in a health care environment helpful
- Good understand of ITIL. Preferably, certified in ITIL Foundations
- Experience in development and configuration of ServiceNow workflows, email rules, catalog items and ACL's
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time
- Location: Darien, IL or Hyde Park, IL
- Shift: Day
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- No Visa Sponsorship Available
Apply on company website