Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator, Full Time, Day, University of Chicago Medicine, Hyde Park, Illinois
We're hiring an Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator at the University of Chicago Medicine Hyde Park, Illinois!
The Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator works as a part of a clinical program team through a collaborative practice agreement providing specialized clinical assessment, evaluation, tests, treatments, therapies, medical management and other direct care to Ventricular Assist Device (VAD) patients under the care of the University of Chicago Medical Center (UCMC).
Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator Essential Job Functions
- Ability to conduct physical examinations and health assessments required.
- Ability to interview and obtain medical information required.
- Willingness to enter into written collaborative agreement with a collaborating physician upon hire required.
- Once licensed and as needed, willingness to apply for a mid-level practitioner controlled substance license and DEA number required.
- Willingness to be privileged and credentialed through UCMC Medical Staff Office prior to start date required.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator Required Qualifications
- Demonstrated clinical competency, effective leadership and teaching skills required.
- Critical care experience preferred.
- Two years of clinical experience in a related area of specialty preferred.
- Experience working with Ventricular Assist Devices (VAD) preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skill required.
- Proficiency in the use of computers preferred.
Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator Education
- Advanced degree (or equivalent, if license received prior to July 1, 2001) from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Advanced Practice Nurse/VAD Coordinator Licenses/Certifications
- Ability to obtain Illinois advanced practice nurse (APN) license by start date required
- Current license as a Registered Nurse required.
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website