Join University of Chicago Medicine, as an Advanced Practice Provider in the Pediatric Surgery Unit.
In this role as a Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will be responsible for comprehensive direct patient care management. An NP manages a caseload of patients and exercises autonomous decision making in the assessment, diagnosis, and initiation of delegated medical treatments. The NP utilizes advance practice skills obtained through the completion of a formal nurse practitioner program at an accredited college of nursing.This role will be predominantly night and weekend shifts, and a call requirement of one shift per week.
Nurse Practitioner Essential Job Functions
- Family support and teaching, staff education, consultation, and research
- Assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care on an advanced level
- Performing of invasive procedures
Nurse Practitioner Required Qualifications
- Master's of Science in Nursing
- Current and/or eligibility for State of Illinois RN and APN licensure/registration
- Must be certified as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurse's Credentialing Center or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Must have or be able to qualify for Illinois and DEA prescribing numbers
- Must have prior pediatric experience
In this role as a Physician Assistant (PA), you will be providing healthcare and patient services that may include educational, research, and clinical nursing specialist support, and completing administrative activities under the direction and supervision of the Director/leadership. The PA has acquired the knowledge, skills and judgment necessary to assist the physician through organized instruction and supervised practice. This role will be predominantly night and weekend shifts, and a call requirement of one shift per week.
Physician Assistant Essential Job Functions
- Taking patient history, conducting examinations, diagnosing illness
- Pre- and post-operative patient evaluation, ordering and interpreting laboratory tests, and assisting during complicated operations
- Ability to exercise autonomy in medical decision-making, provide a broad range of diagnostic and therapeutic services
Physician Assistant Required Qualifications
- Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant educational program
- Certification in ACLS and by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and current and/or eligibility for State of Illinois licensure / registration
- ATLS certification
- Must have prior pediatric experience
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time (1.0)
- Shift: Rotating
- Unit/Department: APN Pediatric Surgery
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website