Join UChicago Medicine as a Data Analyst, Senior (Urban Health Initiative.)
*Grant funded position*
The Urban Health Initiative (UHI) Department seeks a full-time Senior, Data Analyst to support data collection and analysis of its health programs in relation to COVID-19.
In this role, the Senior, Data Analyst will support data collection and analysis of its population health programs/interventions. In addition:
- Compile, organize, analyze and report on data obtained data from various sources
- Assist in the design, development, coordination and improvement of data systems in support of achievement of quality goals; responds to internal and external data queries, and performs analyses for reports, grant submissions, publications, and presentations
This department fosters strong, lasting relationships with civic leaders, community organizations, health care providers and residents to strategically improve health and access to quality care on the South Side of Chicago.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinates the flow of data, obtains information from electronic and paper sources to complete reports, and organizes data in a manner that is accessible and usable
- Writes programs and scripts for data transformation and analysis
- May assist in training staff
- Produces standard and ad hoc reporting/data queries: provides accurate, concise reports to appropriate areas
- Ensures that data collection and storage meet regulatory requirements, audits information gathering processes
- Formulates systems of checks and balances to increase reliability of data
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Demonstrated organizational skills and knowledge of statistical software (SAS, R, Stata)
- Knowledge of standard statistical techniques
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently
- Experience in complex data tracking and measurement
- Ability to coordinate numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or comparable products
- Professional experience in the healthcare field and/or formal training
- One (1) year of research experience or relevant experience preferred
- Master's Degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Statistics, Math, Computer Science, Social Science or Public Policy preferred
- Job Type/FTE: 1.0 FTE
- Shift: 8 hr. Day - Grant Funded
- Unit/Department: Urban Health Initiative
- CBA Code: Non-Union
- Click here to learn more about UChicago Medicine
- Click here to learn more about our benefits
- Click here to explore other career opportunities at UChicago Medicine
In this role, we anticipate that you will generally work approximately 40 hours per week. We anticipate that you will generally be scheduled to work the first shift, from approximately 8am-5pm. We anticipate you will be scheduled to work 100% at the Hyde Park campus. The days of the week that you are scheduled will typically be Monday - Friday.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website