Desktop Systems Engineer , Intermediate
Location: Hyde Park, IL
*No Sponsorship Available*
Desktop Systems Engineer – Job Summary
The Desktop Engineer intermediate is part of the Desktop Engineering team responsible for the design, implementation, management and support of the UCM clinical / administrative computing environment.. Areas of support include but are not limited to, core operating systems; such as OSX and Windows, SSO environment, wired and wireless networking, compute image management, point of cared devices (POC) devices, software distribution and anti-virus solutions. Desktop Engineering provides level 2/3 desktop support for the UCM desktop environment.
Desktop Systems Engineer – Essential Functions
- Participate with designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining the UCM desktop operating system images in support of clinical and business requirements. This includes but is not limited to security and operational patching, group policy, etc.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to the UCM desktop image and layered software packages utilizing effective distribution tools.
- Manages desktop and handheld MDM, encryption, anti-virus and Anti-spyware tools and console
- Establishes and maintains standard hardware images
- Ensures workstations performance and reliability by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions and tools
- Supports custom software systems working closely with key vendors
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations to ensure compliance with established standards, policies and configuration guidelines.
Desktop Systems Engineer – Qualifications
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or technical training/experience equivalent required.
- 2-5 years of technology support experience.
- Understanding of networking and computing environments required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, WSUS, SCCM and policy management within a directory services system is required.
- Experience with software distribution systems required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Understanding of Scientific Method and application of method required.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to complete projects and daily responsibilities both timely and effectively.
- Ability to effectively deliver services in a high-volume environment.
- Ability to effectively lead or support project efforts in a manner consistent with standard PMO practices.
- 24 x 7 x 365 support requirements. Available to work after hours and weekends, as required.
- Skilled in problem analysis. Pays very close attention to detail.
- Able to work in a team environment or independently required.
- Experience with Anti-virus management required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-through required.
- Service Delivery focused.
Desktop Systems Engineer – Preferred Qualifications
- Microsoft or other applicable certifications preferred.
- Independent problem-solver with strong analytic skill preferred.
- OSX support experience preferred.
- O365 experience preferred.
- VDI experience preferred.
- Citrix experience preferred.
- Enterprise SSO experience preferred.
- Wireless device management preferred.
- Experience with Anti-spyware management preferred.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website