Medical Assistant - OB/GYN Clinic
Location: New Lenox
Shift: Full-Time (1.0) / Day Shift / 8-hr Shifts
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in a patient-focused and influential role as a Medical Assistant with our Ambulatory Services – OB/GYN Clinic. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
- Know and practice the University of Chicago Medical Center's Pride Values and Patient Centered Care Definition and Principles.
- Perform any or all duties involving direct patient care as assigned by the registered nurse or physician and within the scope of the Nursing policies and procedures.
- Appropriately implement and document patient and family education as delegated by the RN or physician.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Perform tests, i.e. pregnancy tests, urinalysis, and hemocults, etc., specific to the patient population.
- Document all aspects of patient care according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Perform phlebotomy services.
- Assist with collection of specimens. Perform labeling and logging of specimens in compliance with hospital standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A completed High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited body is required.
- Must have a current certificate of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
- Must have phlebotomy experience.
- Must have experience working in a community health setting.
- Position requires completion of a certified/registered program for medical assistants that is recognized by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Considerable skill in communicating verbally, in determining priorities and in organizing work; ability to maintain an organized, alphabetized filing system.
- General working knowledge of PC. Excel, Microsoft Word for windows, OASIS and EPIC a plus.
- Computerized appointment scheduling experience preferred.
- Ability to handle stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Considerable skill in handling sensitive public contacts with discretion, tact and courtesy when dealing with patients, coworkers and physicians.
- Physical ability to perform stocking, lifting and transporting supplies and instruments.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website