Medical Records Technician IV Job, the Health Information Management department, Full Time Evenings, University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
We're hiring a Medical Records Technician IV for the Health Information Management department for a Full-Time, Evenings shift for the University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL.
743 Clerical Union Posting Dates: 06/15/20 to 06/29/20
Shift: Full Time - 8-hour shift - Evenings
Join one of the nation's most comprehensive academic medical centers, University of Chicago Medicine, in a detail-driven and influential role as the Medical Records Technician IV. Our employees deliver world-class care in an environment where opinions are respected, decision-making is rewarded and teamwork is the order of the day. Our staff is encouraged to achieve their career goals, which in turn benefits all of our patients and the University of Chicago Medicine as a whole.
In this role, under minimal direction, the Medical Records Technician IV assists the physicians and medical center in the record completion processes to ensure compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agencies. Performs and coordinates release of information processes internal and external to the HIM Department and Medical Center. Performs and coordinates the completion of death certificates and requests for autopsies.
Medical Records Technician IV Education and Experience Requirements:
- A completed high school diploma or GED required.
- 2– 3 years of previous health information management experience in an acute care facility as a Medical Record Technician III or similar position required. Equivalent college training will be considered in lieu of years of previous experience.
- Must read and write in English.
- Attention to detail to differentiate patient demographic information, forms, visit types and numbers is required.
- Medical Terminology training required or successful completion within 9 months of employment.
- Strong key entry and/or typing skills with CRT and/or PC experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel programs.
- Advanced knowledge of medical-legal rules and regulations that governs confidentiality and release of medical information.
- Familiar with licensing, accrediting, and regulatory requirements as they relate to health information management record completion preferred.
- Proficient on multiple computer systems within an acute care hospital and health information management department required.
- Must have strong skills in independently prioritizing and accurately performing a variety of duties of increasing responsibility within a system that has frequently changing assignments, priorities, and deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required; high level of diplomacy in customer interactions required. Professional telephone skills required.
- Must be able to work independently with self-discipline and in a team environment.
- Experience with external release of information preferred.
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront.
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website