Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Bring Your Passion to the Forefront: Oncology 0.6 FTE Part-Time
Provide direct primary health care to patients, in collaboration with consulting physicians and the multidisciplinary health team.
Responsibilities to include:
- Identification and management of patients with selected chronic diseases and related issues within ambulatory, inpatient and post-acute care settings.
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations; screen patients to determine the appropriateness for hospital discharge, making referrals to other disciplines as indicated, write progress notes; and assume responsibility for developing therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Working with primary services and consult Attendings to schedule laboratory studies and diagnostic procedures; explain necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled procedures to the patient.
- Evaluate outcomes of care delivered to patients.
- Participate in development of collaborative practice arrangements.
- Assume accountability for patient care making decisions, prescribing appropriate medications as set forth in the delegation of prescriptive authority, prescribing appropriate treatments.
- See patients in follow-up visits in outpatient setting; collect new data from history and examination; coordinate care, order new therapies and arrange for disposition in consultation with attending physician as required.
- Collaborate with and act as liaison among the nurse, patient, family, physician, and community resources for coordination of patient care.
- Collaborate via telephone or directly with ambulatory, urgent care, emergency room or post-acute care providers to support identified chronic disease patients being managed in the most appropriate site of care for subsequent disease exacerbations.
- Maintain and utilize electronic clinical registries to ensure identified patients with chronic disease receive comprehensive guideline based care.
- Select appropriate communications approach to achieve desired outcomes of patient care. May participate in health education in the community.
- May participate in educational activities for physician or APN trainees.
- May participate in clinical research projects, including generation of manuscripts, abstracts and presentations.
- May prepare basic statistical reports and analyses of quality of care, healthcare utilization and/or financial performance setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Practice privileges are detailed in each APNs Delineation of Privilege
Graduate of a formal nurse practitioner program
Specialty certification as an advanced practice nurse (when available)
Completion of AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
Licensed Registered nurse in the state of Illinois
Prior clinical experience in a related area of specialty preferred. Previous experience in complex patient care at RN or APN level preferred. Must have already passed certification exam and be licensed in state of Illinois. Must be able to complete UCMC credentialing process successfully. Qualified adult or acute certified NP may apply
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critic
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website