Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Quality and Regulatory Specialist, Bone Marrow Transplant and Cellular Therapy, Full-Time, Day Shift, University of Chicago Medicine in Hyde Park, Chicago, IL
UChicago Medicine is hiring a full-time Quality and Regulatory Specialist at the main campus in Hyde Park, Illinois!
Under direction, the position oversees and implements the development of quality assurance standards for a program or unit operations. In this capacity, the position is responsible for assessing and analyzing current practices and processes to identify opportunities for program improvement, policy administration, responding to regulatory and clinical queries, and evaluating compliance standards. In addition, the position conducts audits, develops action plans, and provides clinical consultation and expertise to meet regulatory agency requirements.
In close collaboration with the Hematopoietic Cellular Therapy Program (Program) leadership, the incumbent oversees and implements the Program's Quality Management Program (QMP). This role is responsible for monitoring and improving the quality of transplant and cellular therapy care provided at UCMC, as well as ensuring compliance with all FDA, Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT), and the Joint Commission standards. To achieve these results, this role is responsible for policy administration, responding to regulatory and clinical queries, This is achieved through effective policy administration, document control, careful evaluation of compliance standards, investigation of deviations, performing audits, developing action plans, providing education on SOP, and the use of change management and performance improvement strategies
Quality and Regulatory Specialist Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Business, Law, or a related field required. Master's Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration preferred.
- 2 or more years of healthcare experience related to regulatory compliance, healthcare quality improvement, stem cell transplantation, cellular therapies, or oncology required.
- Prior experience in tracking, measuring, and reporting quality and compliance information required.
- Knowledge of utilizing quality improvement methodologies (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control) is preferred. Experience and certification such as CPHQ, CQM, Six Sigma Green, Yellow, or Black Belt, Lean in Healthcare, or commensurate education/certificate preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, accreditation standards, and reporting requirements for healthcare settings and cellular therapy programs such as TJC, CMS, FDA, and FACT preferred.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to work with medical, nursing, apheresis, and multidisciplinary staff and external review agencies in monitoring and evaluating the quality of patient care.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a group leader and participant. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary health care and administrative leadership teams.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, develop conceptual designs for transplant services and plans and organizes successful projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage highly detailed work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines required.
- Strong organizing and data management skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, database and graphics to design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required.
Located in Historic Hyde Park, UChicago Medicine is a not-for-profit integrated and academic health system of hospital and physician services, providing world class care since 1927. UChicago Medicine operates four hospitals and a state-of-the-art ambulatory-care facility located within a medical center campus of twenty interconnected buildings, along with several satellite facilities situated throughout Chicago's south suburbs. In addition, Ingalls Memorial Hospital is located outside of the main medical campus in Harvey, IL. Today, UChicago Medicine and Biological Sciences Division, including Ingalls Memorial Hospital encompass over 800 beds and employ nearly 12,000 people, which includes more than 800 attending physicians, 1100 residents and fellows, and 2,600 nurses.
UChicago Medicine's mission is to provide superior health care in a compassionate manner, ever mindful of each patient's dignity and individuality. UChicago Medicine has established a market identity “At the Forefront of Medicine”, and has consistently been able to attract a critical mass of talented physicians, healthcare professionals and staff to treat the most complex clinical problems. In recognition of this excellence, U.S. News and World Report rank many of our programs as among the best in the United States.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront,
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website