Senior Consultant, Financial Planning & System Integration
Location: Hyde Park
Financial Planning & System Integration, Sr. Consultant – Job Summary
The Senior Consultant, Financial Planning & System Integration will report to the Executive Director, System Financial Analysis & Strategy and will serve as a technical expert and business analyst to the Finance Department and senior management—including but, not limited to, the CFO, VP, Shared Services, SVP, Ambulatory Services, EVP, Business Development/Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Ambulatory Medical Officer, VP Managed Care and Program Development, VP, Clinical Laboratories, Vice Dean, Administration and Finance, BSD Department Chairs and Executive Administrators—regarding the definition, design, implementation, reporting and analysis of Service Line performance, as well as evaluation of strategic initiatives. The Senior Consultant, FP&SI will be responsible for the development and integration of financial data analytics and reporting across existing UCM lines of business and new acquisitions & partners, forging a common tool kit of metrics and methodologies for evaluating financial performance.
In addition, the Senior Consultant, FP&SI will independently manage relationships, projects and engagements with subject matter experts throughout UCM and potential business partners—such as budget & accounting, strategic planning, managed care, legal counsel, bankers & outside consultants—to implement solutions that maximize decision support and management planning value.
Financial Planning & System Integration, Sr. Consultant – Essential Job Functions
- Independently develop and manage collaborative relationships within organization to facilitate data acquisition and use of analytical results to improve financial performance
- Collaborate with Finance Department and across the larger organization to define, streamline, and deploy enterprise-wide reporting tools
- Manage relationships between UCM Finance, UCM operating units, BSD central finance and departments, Ingalls and Care Network, especially regarding funds flow monitoring and allocation
- Manage data and analytical requests, projects and initiatives from the CFO, EVPs, SVPs, and VPs across UCMC, BSD, Ingalls and Care Network
- Manage relationship between Finance and Strategic Planning departments to identify and prioritize high value business opportunities and better align staff effort with organizational objectives
Financial Planning & System Integration, Sr. Consultant – Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, economics or related discipline with 6 or more years of relevant work experience with increasing responsibility
- Prior experience in one or more analytic financial domains, including, but not limited to, financial statement analysis, budget forecasting & variance analysis, cost accounting, financial modeling, new business pro forma development & performance measurement, preferably for health care lines of business such as hospitals, physician practices, ambulatory care centers, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with financial & business intelligence tools (e.g., Office, Crystal, Hyperion, Tableau, Axiom, Strata, cost accounting systems, Excel, SQL, etc.) and their application to financial planning & reporting
- Comfortable presenting to and facilitating discussions with senior management
- Aptitude for working successfully in a dynamic, matrix environment with tight timeframes & multiple key customers across the organization
- Demonstrated skills in all phases of the financial project lifecycle, including communication & consultation on project definition & scope, identification of data sources & obstacles, high-impact analysis & model building, and effective visualization & communication of results & findings to improve senior leadership decision making
Financial Planning & System Integration, Sr. Consultant – Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree in business, accounting, finance, economics preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing healthcare financial data from a wholistic business perspective strongly preferred
- Comfortable presenting analytical data to leadership teams and using the data to tell a story about the performance of particular business units
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website