Supply Chain Logistics Supervisor
Location: Hyde Park, IL
Shift: 3rd Shift (Tuesday - Saturday; 10:30pm - 8am)
Supervisor, Supply Chain Logistics – Job Description
This position has 24-hour responsibility for the operational and financial management of Inventory Management.
- Inventory staff is responsible for functions including, the warehousing and stocking of all inventoried supplies, par level and nurse server maintenance in the nursing unit, transactional accounting of all inventory supply movement and reconciliation of inventory balances.
Supervisor, Supply Chain Logistics – Essential Job Functions
- Ensure that the processes for performing all work are efficient and effective.
- Utilize benchmarking data to achieve best in practice.
- Maintain quality of work.
- Develop measures of quality for linen and inventory management.
- Display quality expectations and measurement results for all employees.
- Review, monitor, and document appropriately all employee performance, attendance, and behavior on a timely basis.
- Maintain and create daily work schedules to ensure the daily completion and supervision of all essential work functions.
- This includes the maintenance of linen and supply delivery schedules.
- Completes and documents daily supervisory rounds as assigned.
- Ensures that all warehouse and par level supplies are properly stored which includes stock rotation and maintenance of dated products.
- Ensures that all medical supplies are charged correctly each day.
- Monitors budget compliance and adjust departmental functions to achieve budget compliance.
- Support the medical center's Supply Chain, Operations, and other teams as assigned.
- Ensures compliance to all Hospital Policies/Procedures and all regulatory policies, including but not limited to JCAHO, IDPH, and OSHA.
- Acts as a liaison to Patient Care areas to eliminate and/or resolve supply and linen issues.
- Maintains departmental policies and procedures.
- Provides in-service education to ensure that the employees are educated and updated on all policies, procedures, performance expectations, regulatory issues, and departmental changes.
- Attends regular training sessions and management classes to improve patient and customer service.
- Ensures that all staff has training appropriate to their area of responsibility.
- Interview, selects, orients, and evaluates employees within the designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that actions are according to Hospitals Policies and bargaining unit contract.
- Acknowledges, supports, holds employees accountable for, and exemplifies by behavior the standards set forth in Service Pride.
- Performs other duties as requested by senior management.
Supervisor, Supply Chain Logistics – Qualifications
- Requires High School diploma or GED.
- 3 – 5 years of supply management experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Supervisory skills including planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the operational needs of the areas without direct supervision.
- Requires knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office programs.
- Good mathematical ability and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting while providing excellent customer and employee service.
- Ability to lift 80 pounds of free weight and/or push 450 pounds on wheels for short distances.
Why Join Us?
We've been at the forefront of medicine since 1899. We provide superior healthcare with compassion, always mindful that each patient is a person, an individual. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, The University of Chicago Medicine is for you. Here at the forefront, we're doing work that really matters. Join us. Bring your passion.
Bring your career to the next level at a hospital that is thriving; from patient satisfaction to employee engagement, we are at the Forefront of Medicine. Take advantage of all we have to offer and #BringYourPassiontotheForefront
University of Chicago Medicine is growing; discover how you can be a part of this pursuit of excellence at: www.uchospitals.edu/jobs
The University of Chicago Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, parental status, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and other legally protected characteristics.
Apply on company website