UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Bilingual Centralized Renewals Specialist (English & Spanish) to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: A customer service focused professional who is responsible for outbound follow-up to current residents. Accountable for relationship-building with key stakeholders in property operations. Adheres to a high standard of renewal management best practices as outlined by Management. Entrepreneurially-minded individual with a focus on streamlining efficiency and implementing innovative solutions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Director – Sales Initiatives
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Complete outbound follow-up to residents in pending stages of lease renewals via phone, email, and text. Heavy focus on customer service; including residents that are on notice to vacate, have lease renewal requests/questions, or necessitate service from the UDR Corporate Office.
- Discuss lease renewal terms and rates with residents, selling the benefits of renewing a lease over moving out. Must be capable of overcoming objections and discussing the impact of current market conditions on renewal rates.
- Bring rate negotiations, service repair requests, unit upgrade requests, and/or lease term length negotiation requests to on-site management for guidance on next steps.
- Set appointments for residents to meet with on-site management.
- Work closely with the on-site property management teams to aid in increased renewal conversion rates. Will contribute to the actualization of budgeted/targeted renewal occupancy goals.
- Establish rapport with on-site management at assigned properties across diverse asset-quality and geographic regions. Facilitate a culture of cross-collaboration between the Corporate Resident Renewals team and the on-site property management teams.
- Focus on setting renewal management best practices at supported properties utilizing the Big Rules and Best Practices. Clearly communicate renewal processes and procedures to a diverse audience, with varying levels of aptitude.
- Manage and maintain an Excel renewal tracking spreadsheet/file for supported properties, including formatting and filtering daily to track pending renewals/NTV's.
- Update and maintain resident records in the property management system with attention to detail in documenting brief, but specific notes on every follow-up completed.
- Provide exemplary customer service to both residents, as well as, the on-site teams that manage Company apartment properties. Balance the needs of internal and external customers.
- Ensure follow through on all residents until they have signed their renewal or given notice and moved out. Manage time efficiently with meticulous attention to timely customer service.
- Identify strategic opportunities for department growth and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures.
Meticulous organizational skills required. Must be nimble, learn quickly, and be capable of clearly conveying the value proposition in leasing. Must display a keen ability to balance the needs of internal and external customers. Bring an entrepreneurial, ‘can-do' attitude to the table daily.
Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting apartment properties. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations. Ability to effectively present information. Demonstrated knowledge of demographics surrounding assigned properties. Ability to travel domestically to Company properties, as Management dictates. Capable of flexibility in office space including mobile office tools such as: a laptop computer, a tablet, and a mobile phone. Ability to complete and apply all of the provided sales training.
Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Must demonstrate excellent reading comprehension and written composition skills. Proven exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal. Polished interpersonal skills. Ability to work in an autonomous, self-directed environment. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, prospective residents, residents, and associates.
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the internet and internet searches. Must be skilled in word processing, drafting correspondence, and memoranda. Attention to details, and proficiency with MS Office software applications required such as Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work. Occasional travel in the United States to UDR communities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum two years of property management experience is required.
- Customer relationship development experience is required.
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel and other office products is required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Cancer Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• $24.03/hr. (minimum) - $42.06/hr. (maximum), depends on experience
• Eligible for monthly performance spiffs, based on various metric-related factors, adding to total compensation potential
Apply on company website