UDR, Inc. is hiring a Centralized Move-In Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible to administer region specific, full cycle resident move-in process. Incumbent will successfully partner with onsite community management and staff for cross collaboration to ensure residents and prospects have a positive overall move-in experience. Position will serve as backup to multiple teams within Centralized Sales and will be located at UDR's corporate office.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Director – Sales Initiatives
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Develop and administer the full cycle resident application/move-in process within a designated region. Establish rapport and collaborate with the onsite community management staff to create smooth transition during the application/lease/move-in process.
2. Facilitate onboarding of communities into the Centralized Support Program. This includes hosting kick off calls and collecting necessary property knowledge base documents.
3. Adhere to UDR legal and audit requirements, federal, state and local fair housing regulations regarding the application process, lease creation, collection of all resident documents and unit vacant days.
4. Responsible for completing customer applications, to ensure all background checks, deposits, and lease paperwork is completed in accordance with all legal requirements and company policy.
5. Notify the future resident of receipt/approval of the application, prepare resident move-in or renewal paperwork, ensure the new resident signs all necessary paperwork (leases, addenda, notices, etc.) and pays applicable deposits. Prepare new residents file according to company requirements for Community Director's approval.
6. Thoroughly complete and enter data into the property database.
7. Set up Company portal accounts for every prospect upon receiving application and assists with any related questions.
8. Confirm that the new resident has assumed financial responsibility for all utilities by verifying their transfer to the resident's name upon move-in.
9. Explain the “Move-In Inventory” form to the new resident and ensure that the form is completed and returned.
10. Communicate and verify compliance with mandatory renters insurance as per company policy (if applicable) before move in.
11. Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
12. Maintain the appointment book and schedule of all move-ins.
13. Provide customer service by ensuring move-ins are contacted within seven days of move-in to ensure they are satisfied and to report any issues.
14. Use customer relationship techniques to ensure customer move-in satisfaction.
15. Answer prospects, residents, and customer inquiries which may include questions about the surrounding area, the property, the company, lease details, amenities, etc.
16. Research and prepare reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software at the direction of the Department Manager.
17. Act as backup for Centralized Sales, Renewals, NTV, STF and Corporate Housing Teams as needed.
18. Work closely with CRM Team to ensure an increase in NPS and customer survey ratings as it pertains to the application and move-in process.
19. Partner with internal UDR teams and departments to improve access to data, automations, reporting and technology that drives department support and decision-making.
20. Identify strategic opportunities for department growth and innovation.
21. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.
2. Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience strongly preferred.
3. Minimum two years' office administration experience in logistics required.
4. Minimum two years' property management/leasing experience required.
5. Minimum two years' experience in direct customer service and support required.
6. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website