UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Lead Maintenance Manager to join our team in Marina del Rey. This position oversees three apartment communities consisting of 1051 units (Tierra del Rey, Jefferson at Marina del Rey, and The Westerly on Lincoln). The incumbent spends 80% of his/her time in the direct management of the on-site maintenance team, vendors, and contractors at the assigned communities. This position does not perform any regular hands-on work, but ensures repair and maintenance is completed by the team of three or more maintenance technicians and one service administrator.
As a Lead Maintenance Manager, every day is an opportunity for you to be an innovative thinker, strategic planner and an excellent coach rallying your team to achieve its highest potential in order to accomplish the community's financial, operating and resident services goals.
- Lead, direct and supervise the maintenance team in their day-to-day functions.
- Interview, train, and develop/mentor maintenance team.
- Analyze operations, manage expenses, and initiate change to improve the community's performance.
- Engage and advance ideas to increase team productivity, improve resident's experience and drive profitability.
- Play a significant role in supporting the company's operating platform by embracing technological advancements and adoption of new innovations.
- Develop standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the community's grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community.
- Schedule and/or assist the service team with service tickets and follow up to ensure repair/request was completed to resident's satisfaction.
- Responsible for scheduling contractors to complete apartment turnovers and repairs, tracking progress, and providing final inspection of the work provided.
- Daily communication with after-hours call center to ensure dispatched calls were resolved and/or if additional follow up is needed.
- Resolve escalated maintenance and customer service issues by ensuring appropriate action is taken to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization.
- Identify, communicate, and implement opportunities to improve resident happiness and service.
- Foster an on-going positive relationship with residents throughout their residency, confirming their expectations are being fulfilled.
- Review Net Promoter Score (NPS) responses to proactively improve resident's experience and overall perception.
- Order supplies/equipment using Ops Technology to maintain appropriate levels of inventory within budgeted guidelines.
- Assist or complete the pre-move-out inspections on a timely basis.
- Conduct community inspections, host safety meetings and maintain the safety zone to ensure the well-being of residents and mitigate liability.
- Monitor staff performance including performance reviews and address performance problems through corrective action and dismissal.
- Approve time records and requests for time off.
- After hours on-call rotation may be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Organizing- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more vital priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve tough problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at candid analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Experience, knowledge, and Skills:
- Supervisory/managerial experience
- Experience as a Lead Maintenance Manager, Senior Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Manager in the multi-family, hospitality, or similar industry
- Experience overseeing multiple apartment communities consisting of 600 units or more
- Competency in residential plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, HVAC, painting, and drywall
- Customer service experience
- Proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers and smartphones
- Valid driver's license
- High school or equivalent preferred
- EPA Type II or Universal certification required
- EPA Type I (Section 608) certification preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification a plus
Career Development and Advancement:
We offer ongoing education opportunities to encourage the skillset development of our employees and have a validated culture of enhancing the growth and advancement of their individual career goals. We are proud to announce the promotion of 148 employees through August 2020, that's an average of 18.5 associates promoted per month. We believe our employees are the organization's most important asset.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, Company matched 401(k), vacation and personal time (up to 10 vacation days, 6 sick days, 4 personal days, and 2 floating holidays per year) plus company observed holidays, discounts to live in our best-in-class communities, tuition reimbursement, company sponsored events, community service days, annual President's Club held in Las Vegas, honoring our associates for their exceptional customer service and operational excellence.
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest owners and managers of residential apartment communities. Become a part of a company that is the industry leader of transformational change and operational innovation!
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website