UDR, Inc is hiring a IT Project Manager III to join our corporate team in Highlands Ranch, CO.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Manages all project related tasks, leads and directs the resources and teams with other key players to coordinate the activities of technical staff, users, and vendors. Responsible for meeting IT Department project management standards; delivering a high quality of service and project deliverables while staying on schedule and within budget.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Manager – IT Project Management
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Oversee several small to medium scale projects with supervision by a more senior team member.
2. Organize the Project team into appropriate work groups and works closely with Team Leaders and potential third parties/vendors to guide the entire Project team in their effort to achieve its business goals and produce deliverables within the specified time frames and financial constraints.
3. Identify resource needs and coordinate with IT Managers about resource allocation for assigned projects.
4. Manage the relationship with the stakeholders. Conduct stakeholder outreach and incorporate stakeholder input into the Project's documents.
5. Monitor the Project Scope Management process. Ensure that change requests with a significant impact on the Project are brought forward to the Steering Committee for resolution.
6. Interface with all areas affected by the project including end users and vendors.
7. Ensure that technology enhancements are well suited to business needs. Develop project plans in conformance with the IT standard project methodology.
8. Develop and report on metrics to measure the status and success of a project.
9. Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership and stakeholders.
10. Lead or support interdisciplinary teams in preparing and developing project related documents.
11. Oversee the various testing phases of technology projects and help business/stakeholders evaluate the success of testing.
12. Maintains central project repositories for the use of all IT staff and corporate project stakeholders.
13. Collaborate with Project participants to evaluate the best solution and resolve disagreements.
14. Report and escalate to management as needed.
15. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Level II (Provides all functions noted above, plus the following)
16. Under general supervision manage multiple medium to large scale projects.
17. Facilitate review and approval of contracts or statements of work for third parties/vendors to produce deliverables within the specified time frames and financial constraints that achieve the business goals.
18. Demonstrate and continually develop leadership skills.
19. Contribute to establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the project delivery capabilities for the organization.
20. Contribute to feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
21. May provide coaching and guidance to other team members.
Level III (Provides all functions noted above, plus the following)
22. Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives and large projects that span one or multiple lines of business.
23. Provide guidance and act as a mentor to other team members.
24. Works with management to define practices, templates, policies, tools and develops partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
25. Able to drive feasibility studies, vendor selections and proposals for evaluation by appropriate key stakeholders.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge of fiscal management. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday and/or complex company issues.
A demonstrated strong knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) principles demonstrated by successfully taking at least one project through the entire project life cycle is required.
Required experience in project planning and management; in analysis of operations for the purpose of proposing innovative solutions to problems; and in organizing, writing, and editing information to make it meaningful to a wide array of audiences, including high level executives. Must have the ability to adjust plans and schedules to respond to crisis situations and to withstand pressure attributable to meeting the changing needs of company executives.
Proven project management skills and demonstrated experience in delivering on commitments within budget. Ability to calculate figures and amounts. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Functional understanding of general financial principles. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
Demonstrate the ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources. Must be able to determine whether tasks should be attempted; identify the most effective way of completing the task and preparing how to overcome unexpected difficulties. Must be skilled in focusing on desired results, determining what is important and urgent, clarifying next steps, and delegating effectively to meet deadlines and achieve desired results. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to travel, when applicable.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information to top management, vendors, and project staff. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and associates. Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrate original thinking, openness to change, and offer alternate solutions to problems. Must demonstrate knowledge and ability to facilitate meetings, conduct effective briefings and presentations, and to develop consensus both internally and externally, with people who reflect the full range of diversity in the business objectives.
Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Performs duties that require strong comprehension, analytical, research, composition, communication, and organizational skills. Must be skilled in word processing, drafting correspondence and memoranda, creating and maintaining databases. Knowledge of the operational and procedural aspects of computer systems, hardware, software, and peripheral equipment.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility enough to travel. Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work. Project might require periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
10. Bachelor's degree in Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Technology Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
11. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is required. Certification must be in good standing.
12. Minimum seven to ten years' successful project management experience required.
13. Knowledge of and experience using any mainstream project management tool such Planview or Microsoft Project is required.
14. Experience as a Scrum Master or Product Owner facilitating Agile methods as part of the IT Development process.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Cancer Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• $91,917.00/yr. (minimum) - $115,000.00/yr. (maximum), depends on experience
• Eligible for 15% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance
Apply on company website