UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are adding a Resident Service Specialist to our team at 989 Elements and Elements Too apartment community (440homes) located in Bellevue, WA.
Do you thrive on crafting an amazing customer experience and providing satisfying solutions to customers? Do you want to be a "Care Hero" and it's your job to save the customer's day?
As a Resident Service Specialist, every day is an opportunity for you to deliver a first-class experience in turn improving customer happiness and resident retention.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible to coordinate responses to resident service issues as well as tracking and following up on move-in satisfaction. Maintain company customer service standards within the community. Complete various administrative functions associated with residents' needs, Move-In coordination, Onesite responsibilities, coordinating concierge type customer service, and resident activities. Provide coordination to ensure high quality resident customer service.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Community Director, Senior Community Director or Resident Services Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
1. Ensure each new resident has a move-in orientation conducted by appointment.
2. New residents are contacted within seven days of move-in to ensure they are satisfied and to report any issues.
1. Scan all required move-in documents into Onesite.
2. Oversee Pending Tasks.
Customer Service Administration
1. Guide walk-in traffic and minimize the wait time.
2. Handle any walk-in resident concerns with the Resident Service Manager and/or Community Director.
3. Ensure that all voicemails, texts, emails and other resident and community communications are checked and responded to within established time guidelines.
4. Organize incoming packages systematically and distribute as needed.
5. Work closely with the Business Manager, Centralized Admin, Centralized Sales and Renewal teams to ensure leasing and renewal goals are met.
6. Utilize CRM to effectively manage resident relations, service requests and resident communications.
Property Condition oversight
1. Walk through the move-in ready apartment to ensure they meet standards prior to orientation.
2. Walk through all amenities daily to ensure they are stocked and in good condition.
3. Walk problematic areas that are raised by residents on the day they are reported to ensure deficiencies are addressed. Follow-up with the service team until resolved.
4. Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
1. Interact with walk-in prospects by showing the property if needed and answering questions about the community.
2. Receive and greet visitors to the community and answer prospects, residents, and customer inquiries as well as phone calls.
3. Research and prepare any reports, memos, letters, resident correspondence, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software at the direction of the Resident Services Manager or Community Director.
4. May interact with walk-in prospects by setting-up a self-guided tour, answering questions about the community, lease terms, and local area.
5. Complete market summary and comp reports as directed.
6. Comply with all Company policies and procedures related to employment.
7. Commit to Living the UDR Values each day in every action taken when executing the essential functions of the job.
8. Perform Resident Service Manager duties in the absence of the Resident Service Manager.
9. Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must have excellent organizational skills. Ability to perform a variety of support assignments requiring some exercise of independent judgment. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations.
Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Demonstrated skills with customer service. Knowledge of principles and methods for showing and promoting property. Ability to effectively present information to prospective or current residents. Knowledge of Onesite reporting; office practices and procedures; filing and maintenance of fiscal records. Must be detail orientated.
Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills; problem solving skills; and decision-making skills. Ability to meet and deal effectively with clients, associates, and the general public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers, residents, and associates.
Must be skilled in word processing, drafting correspondence and memoranda. Attention to details, and basic experience with the internet. MS Office software applications required (e.g., Microsoft Office, Word and Excel). Knowledge of basic office practices and procedures; filing and maintenance of fiscal records.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighting up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Occasional evening or weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High School Diploma, or equivalent, is required.
2. Associate degree in business administration or equivalent, is preferred.
3. Minimum of two years of office experience is required.
4. Minimum of Two years' experience in residential properties, rental operations, hotel or related business operations is preferred.
5. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website