Resident Service Manager – Every day is an opportunity for you to ensure exceptional leadership of the operations of a UDR community.
UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Resident Service Manager to join our teams at Domus, our community (290 homes) located in Philadelphia, PA.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Resident Services Manager focuses on the management of all aspects of customer service by creating a positive sense of community and fostering positive relationships with community residents. Position may have supervision over one direct reporting staff and will drive various administrative, asset quality, customer service, financial, vendor management and personnel processes in support of community operations. Specific intent is to manage the resident relations aspect of the business to ensure community performs at highest levels to achieve and/or exceed expectations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Community Director, Senior Community Director, District Manager or Regional Manager
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Non-exempt status in accordance with FSLA guidelines. May supervise one associate, the Resident Service Coordinator or Resident Service Specialist.
Ensure community is ready for business and meets established physical standards daily as listed below:
1. Walk community daily; open and close all “showing” units. Monitor property including office space, restrooms, amenity areas, parking lot and “show” apartments to ensure they meet UDR's quality, cleanliness and presentation standards and proactively monitor battery upkeep of smart locks.
2. Refresh community's signage, write and distribute collateral as needed to support the drive for occupancy and improve community image.
Provide the best standard of quality and service through resident relations:
1. Answer all resident and guest questions professionally and timely, balancing the needs of both internal and external customers. Implement strategies to improve quality of customer service.
2. Proactively launch self-guided tours and/or provide guided community tours for prospects, lend assistance, and provide information pertaining to short-term rentals, corporate housing opportunities and guest suite rentals.
3. Conduct move-in orientation sessions for new residents and assist with annual renewal conversations with existing residents if needed.
4. Oversee the Customer Survey Program by ensuring that that there is immediate follow up to residents upon the completion of each service request via an e-mail or text notification which includes the ability to request a follow up phone conversation. Follow-up phone calls to residents to gather more information on the quality and satisfaction of service requests.
5. Oversee and ensure the maintenance related matters are resolved and/or escalated to the Service Manager to be addressed immediately. If additional service is required, continue to follow up until the issue is resolved.
Complete various accounting and financial functions associated with driving and supporting community operations:
1. Work closely with Business Manager to complete required financial responsibilities.
2. Conduct Purchase Card (P-card) reconciliation for community.
Personnel (if applicable)
Lead winning team by professional example, taking ownership and personal interest in direct reports, if applicable to drive results and team performance:
1. Host daily and weekly team huddles to discuss community/resident/operations issues and concerns, provide update to team regarding policies, practices, company or team initiatives, training and team building.
2. Hire and train new staff and develop staff to maximize potential.
3. Monitor staff performance to include performance and address performance problems through corrective action and dismissal. Assist direct reporting staff to address and resolve concerns or complaints involving job duties and job descriptions, performance standards, relations with coworkers, relations with supervisors and managers.
4. Approve time records and requests for time off.
Complete administrative tasks associated with community operations as it relates to outside vendors, communication telecom and IT systems:
1. Manage vendor keys according to UDR's policies and procedures.
2. Source new vendors as needed in order to maintain community appearance and resident services.
3. Maintain community telecom and computer equipment, while serving as a partner to IT to troubleshoot system issues and test systems.
Manage and complete a variety of tasks which range from simple to complex; all of which are associated with driving and supporting community operations:
1. Prepare, communicate, and deliver all resident specific and community letters and notifications, legal notifications, in addition to the management of the new resident move-in process, documentation and the issuance of all community keys, fobs, remotes, parking permits and parking assignments.
2. Review, monitor, administrate and sign leases as required and needed.
3. Enforce all policies and procedures. Maintain compliance related to lease agreements including the review and authorization of all leases and ensuring community records (leases, addenda, reports, etc.) are maintained in accordance with stated legal requirements, company policies and/or procedures.
4. Plan and manage all community events.
5. Manage and maintain exemplary community website, social media campaigns, outreach marketing efforts for the community to drive occupancy and increase visibility, including PeerSpace, Craiglist, etc.
6. Maintain acceptable NPS scores and facilitate Reputation Management Process.
7. Utilize the Sugar CRM to effectively manage resident relations, service requests and resident communications.
8. Smart Rent Management and Package and Parcel Management.
9. Investigate, address, and resolve all community and resident issues, disturbances, complaints, and any crime-related activities/inquiries, including the dispatch for patrol services. Complete incident report for Risk Management as needed.
10. Serve as organizational representative along with the Business Manager for court appearances regarding non-payment and/or other legal action taken, small claims and UD hearings as necessary or required.
11. Manage key policy and process by providing keys to residents or contractors and documenting in accordance with the “Key Policy”.
12. Oversee inventory and replenishment of community office supplies and refreshments for office, residents, and guests.
13. Develop and maintain emergency action procedures for the properties.
14. Work closely with the Centralized Admin, Centralized Sales and Renewal teams to ensure leasing and renewal goals are met.
15. Ensure leadership style creates a productive, motivated, informed, inspired, engaged and goal-oriented team.
16. Comply with all Company policies and procedures related to employment.
17. Commit to Living the UDR Values each day in every action taken when executing the essential functions of the job.
18. Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge and understanding of business concepts and research principles, processes, and techniques. Knowledge of the principles of strategic business decision-making. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday business issues.
Understanding of overall property management. Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting property. Strong customer service and personnel management skills. Ability to develop and prepare business analysis and plans. Established ability in the use of social media websites like facebook, twitter, and pinterest. Demonstrated ability in budgeting and financial planning.
Highly organized and demonstrated project management skills. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and decision-making skills. Demonstrated understanding of social media campaigns. Ability to provide web-based analytics and recommendations. Ability to work a flexible schedule based on event calendar. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
Ability to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Ability to apply the principles and practices of work leadership and management. Ability to motivate the community team and manage their performance in accordance with company policies, values, and business practices.
Proven exceptional communication skills both written and verbal with an outgoing personality. Performs duties that require considerable initiative, independent judgment, and strong communication skills. Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with community and rental property operations. Ability to work in conjunction with residents, prospective residents, Company managers, and associates. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from subordinates, residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Polished interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Must have experience with computer skills including Excel, word processing programs, internet, and e-mail at a highly proficient level. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the internet and internet searches. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Periodic exposure to outside elements where temperature, weather, odors, and/or landscape may be unpleasant and/or hazardous. Time commitment and schedule may vary based on the event schedule. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, related field, or its equivalent, preferred. In lieu of degree, equivalent experience in residential properties, marketing and website development, or related business operations is required.
2. Minimum 2 to 5 years property management experience in onsite office operations, leasing, administration, customer service as well as experience in special events, marketing, and website management preferred.
3. Minimum of two years' management or supervisory experience is required.
4. Experience in customer service positions in hotel properties, rental operations, or related upscale service business is preferred.
5. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
Apply on company website