UDR, Inc. is hiring a Senior Building Maintenance Manager (Quality Assurance Associate) to join our team supporting properties on the east coast, based out of Boston, DC or NYC.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for coordinating the implementation of all of the elevator maintenance contracts and the fire/life safety inspections for our Nationwide portfolio of communities. May assist on the major capital improvements as identified by the Asset Quality (AQ) group.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Vice President – Asset Quality
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Coordinate the implementation of all of the Companies elevator maintenance contracts and fire/life safety inspections and in-house maintenance requirements.
- Monitor communities to ensure compliance with all maintenance related laws, codes, required certifications, and inspections as they relate to elevators and fire/life safety equipment.
- Build a database of existing equipment and systems at each community and establish an inspection and preventative maintenance calendar. Assist community team with maintenance of these systems.
- Build a database of existing permits, agreements and site-specific inspections for each community and establish an inspection and maintenance calendar. Assist community team with maintenance of these systems.
- Oversee bidding and contracting of any contract work for elevators and life safety equipment.
- Provide consultation to community teams on issues and billing related to elevators, and life safety equipment.
- Provide input to the Five Year Plan on system upgrades and improvements.
- Oversee established communities to ensure property and preventive maintenance is being completed as required, community improvements, and budget controls are maintained at the highest level attainable.
- Provide a vigorous training program including preventive maintenance program, testing of fire and life safety equipment, and overall education of the Company and community's policies and standards.
- Provide training for the required inspections and testing of elevators and life safety equipment that is to be conducted by the service teams.
- Assist in training the service teams on preventative maintenance program.
- Monitor monthly maintenance reports to ensure that accurate and complete reports are received in a timely manner.
- Assist in due diligence process at point of property sale/acquisition as requested.
- Research and present energy saving ideas for possible ROI projects under consideration and implement energy saving programs in conjunction with the Area Service Managers (ASM), Operations and AQ personnel as required.
- Work with the ASMs to develop a standard Preventative Maintenance program as well as site specific programs based on building type and existing building systems.
- Work with the ASMs to develop and maintain training information on all the building systems for each community.
- Provide support to all on-site associates with a positive approach, to ensure that a “teamwork” attitude is always maintained.
- Evaluate warranty issues and coordinate repairs with on-site personnel and subcontractors.
- Assist in any emergency situation, i.e., hurricane, fires, floods.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of fire/life safety system and equipment to include fire pumps and sprinkler systems, as well as fire alarm systems. Knowledge of National Fire Protection Association regulations as well as local fire regulations and requirements for Company's properties.
Knowledge of general office practices, organizational policies, and procedures. Knowledge of organizational and community policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
Knowledge of project planning for the purpose of responding to changing priorities. Ability to adjust plans and schedules to respond to crisis situations and to withstand pressure attributable to meeting the changing needs. Must have excellent organizational skills.
Must know and follow the Fair Housing laws. Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, and decision-making skills. Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service to internal and external customers.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents and contractors. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Must have effective verbal and listening communication skills.
Skilled in the use of the internet, spreadsheets, relational databases, and word processing software. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Some bending, stooping, and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment and traveling to Company communities. Incumbents must be able to physically access all exterior and interior parts of the community and amenities. Regular exposure to outside elements, weather, and unpleasant odors. Flexible schedules with occasional evening and regular weekend work. Ability for 50% or more travel and have a means of transportation. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience in quality control or project management.
- Experience in capital improvements and/or construction projects are a strong preference.
- Multi-family experience is a plus.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Cancer Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• Salary Range: $77,760.00/yr. (minimum) - $116,646.00/yr. (maximum), depends on experience
• Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance
Apply on company website