UDR, Inc. and its affiliated companies are seeking a Senior Maintenance Technician to join our team at Eight 80, our exclusive apartment community (1447 homes) located in Newport Beach, CA.
Do you thrive on crafting an amazing customer experience and providing satisfying solutions to customers? Do you want to be a "Care Hero" and it's your job to save the customer's day?
As a Senior Maintenance Technician, every day is an opportunity for you to deliver first-class service in turn achieving customer happiness and resident retention.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with training, directing, supervising, and mentoring Maintenance Technicians in their day-to-day functions and provide feedback on their performance.
- Complete apartments turns and service tickets and inspect vacant apartments to ensure they are ready for occupancy
- Assist with scheduling contractors to complete apartment turnovers and repairs, tracking progress, and providing final inspection of the work provided.
- Respond to resident requests for maintenance and service by taking appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the quality and time standards established by the organization.
- Assist Maintenance Manager with vendor management and ordering supplies/equipment to maintain appropriate levels of inventory within budget guidelines.
- Play a significant role in supporting the company's operating platform by embracing technological advancements and adoption of new innovations.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the community's grounds, amenities, building exteriors/interiors, market ready units, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community.
- Maintain tools and equipment and ensure that they are in proper working order, request replacements as necessary, and assist in stocking inventory.
- Foster on-going positive relationships with residents confirming their expectations are being fulfilled.
- Identify, share, and implement opportunities to improve resident happiness and service.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- After hours on-call rotation is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Organizing- Can marshal resources (people, funding, material) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Time Management- Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more vital priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Problem Solving- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve tough problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at candid analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets firsthand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Supervisory/managerial experience
- Experience as a Maintenance Technician in the multi-family, hospitality, or similar industry
- Competency in residential HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting, drywall and carpentry
- Customer service experience
- Proficient in the use of modern technology, especially computers and smartphones
- Valid driver's license and rotating on-call responsibility required
- High school or equivalent preferred
- EPA Type II or Universal certification required
- EPA Type I (Section 608) certification preferred
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification a plus
Apply on company website