UDR, Inc. is now hiring a Technical Support Specialist to join our team at our corporate office in Highlands Ranch.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing Tier 1 support for our internal and external nationwide users, for all IT issues. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware, software, printers, mobile phones, email, and operating systems as requested. This position will also require on call shift work during weekends and weeknights during the scheduled on-call week.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to the Manager – IT Support Services
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: N/A
- Provide 1st tier technical support for multiple products to internal associates via Service-Now tickets. Resolves problems or escalates as necessary in a timely manner.
- Serve as an integrated team member for a technology help desk.
- Work incoming tickets and answer calls to the Service Desk.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of basic issues with Windows and Apple desktop and laptop equipment, printers, network connections, Smartphone's etc.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose basic issues with WinXP, 7, MAC-OSX, Office2010/2013 and other software applications.
- Escalate to Tier 2 if issue cannot be resolved.
- Knowledge of Exchange 2010, Active Directory.
- Knowledge of Remote Access and Remote Desktop software (Dame-ware, LogMeIn Rescue).
- Resolution and work order tracking using ticketing system (Service-Now).
- Create and maintain Service Desk documentation regarding processes and procedures.
- Perform End-User Training.
- Work a rotating on-call support and staggered daytime shifts (follow the sun schedule), flexible time.
- Ship replacement equipment and supplies to locations. Receive inventory from locations.
- Provide quality customer service when interacting with all associates.
- Develop and improve strong customer service, communication, and technical skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
Demonstrated customer service skills are of utmost importance for this job. Requires a professional, polite phone voice and the ability to keep organized records. Ability to be organized and work in a team environment. Ability to diagnose issue or document and escalate issues in a timely manor.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, and mobile devices. Ability to exercise initiative, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks to meet critical deadlines. Ability to maintain a working knowledge of all software to effectively support end users.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in conjunction with company managers and associates. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to proactively recognize and implement superior customer service.
Knowledge of network connections, systems, and technical installation. Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Knowledge of PC and Mac hardware, Microsoft operating systems (XP and Win7). Ability to understanding of the day to day maintaining of computer equipment and office electronics. Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports. Strong experience in Excel and Word.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility sufficient to travel. Some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasionally lifting items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Extensive data input and required ability to sit for long periods of time. Regular and consistent attendance on the job is an essential function.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Will require the ability to move freely up and down stairs and possibly around and under workstations. Occasional evening or weekend work. May be on-call.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent required at a minimum.
- Minimum of two to three years' experience in a technical Service Desk or systems support role.
- CompTIA A+ Certification a plus.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless otherwise noted.
• Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Medical Flexible Spending Account
• Dependent Care Spending Account
• Supplemental Term Life Insurance
• Voluntary Cancer Insurance
• Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
• 401(k) Plan with company match
• $21.18/hr. (minimum) - $25.00/hr. (maximum), depends on experience
• Eligible for 10% annual bonus potential, based on personal and company performance
Apply on company website