United Health Services, the leading integrated healthcare system in New York's Southern Tier region, has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Recruiter to join our Laboratory team.
In this pivotal role in the organization, you will be responsible for performing tests in your assigned laboratory sections in a timely manner, monitoring lab processes, and verifying results. When Lab managers are not present, you will be responsible for supervising daily activities of your section according to United Health Services' Laboratory Departmental Policies and procedures, NYSDOH, CDC and Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
Core responsibilities for this role include:
- Performs clinical analyses for routine, special, and automated tests. Observes reactions and makes qualitative or quantitative analyses. Recognizes abnormal values and takes proper action (alert/critical values). Performs, documents, interprets and troubleshoots quality control
- Assumes responsibility to resolve problems. Performs required preventative maintenance procedures in laboratory instrumentation. Investigates and resolves technical problems, consults supervisor if resolution involves policy or procedure modification. Identifies real or potential situations or equipment failure, attempts to resolve within area of specialty or knowledge and refers complex issues to appropriate source. May be a key analyzer operator with proper training and documentation of skills.
- Verifies and posts results in LIS or on appropriate reports. Files these reports when necessary, i.e., downtime forms.
- Performs related LIS computer functions such as entry, verification, retrieval of results and special workload recording.
- Obtains laboratory specimens, (blood, urine, and other body fluids) directly from patients as trained. Selects appropriate equipment for age of patient and type of testing ordered.
- Recognizes and acts upon individual need for continuing education as a function of growth and maintenance of professional competence and license.
- Participates in the practical and clinical training of MT and MLT students and new employees, as assigned.
- Performs and evaluates new testing methods and procedures.
- (For technologists with 6 or more years of experience) Acts in a supervisory capacity, in absence of supervisor, by carrying out instructions and handling of daily problems/issues.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Clinical laboratory Technology or Equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a clinical laboratory setting
- NYS Licensed Clinical Laboratory technologist
Join United Health Services —a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in New York's Southern Tier region. Join an integrated staff that features more than 500 physicians and providers who work together serving patients across 60 locations, including four hospitals, four walk-in centers and 25 primary care centers, as well as home care and senior living facilities.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website