This position leads a team serving as principal operational finance liaison to UHS hospitals and reporting to CFO. Oversees monitoring and reporting of the financial performance of Hospitals, including underlying trends, and metrics driving performance and uses that information in partnership with operational leaders to identify and implement action to improve results.
- Leads long-range financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis for UHS hospitals. Key resource to site leadership and senior executive team by providing analysis of clinical, operational and financial data for decision-making and financial management of operations.
- Ensures that financial and operational goals are developed, monitored, measured, reported to and understood by key stakeholders. Oversees utilization of decision support system to proactively drive business decisions and identify financial, clinical, and operational improvement opportunities
- Develops overall financial strategy framework with senior leadership, converts strategy to short/long-range financial plans, and recommends overall financial performance targets to promote cost-effective operations that maximize the organization's resources without compromising clinical quality or customer service.
- Works collaboratively with site department leaders to help improve financial performance, including improved labor productivity, cost management, revenue capture, denials reduction, and other areas.
- Oversees monitoring and reporting of the financial performance of UHS Hospitals, including underlying trends and metrics driving performance; and uses that information to educate, identify and implement actions to improve clinical, operational and financial results
- Proactively delivers comprehensive advice to leaders relevant to strategic decisions in the areas of cost management, productivity, cash flow analysis and margin improvement.
- Interfaces with senior leaders in development of proforma analysis of to support business cases for strategic development opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or CPA is preferred. Financial Management experience: Strategic and business planning and execution, and significant exposure to clinical operations along with budgeting, financial planning, operations analysis experience in organization of at least $250M in annual expenses required.
- In addition, proven experience improving financial and/or operational performance of hospitals and/or physician groups, in partnership with clinical business line leaders and providers; strong technical accounting, financial analysis, modeling & forecasting skills with knowledge and experience of how those skills inform decision-making to improve performance in partnership with clinical leadership and providers; and capable of combining business acumen with clinical knowledge to effectively discuss the implications of decisions on clinical, operational and financial performance with clinical leaders and managers required. Lastly strong communication skills, emotional maturity and intelligence, and ability to build relationships.
Apply on company website