United Health Services is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at UHS Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City, NY. This is a per diem position.
Hours per week: As assigned
Salary: $32.48 - $48.73/hour, depending on experience
Registered Nurse (RN) Position Overview
As an important member of a multidisciplinary care team, the Registered Nurse provides direct patient care while ensuring a safe and healing environment. The RN works to prevent illness and injury and alleviate suffering through patient and family advocacy. A leader in patient-centered care, UHS expects RNs to exhibit high standards of compassion, teamwork, and clinical skills.
The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU) at UHS Wilson Medical Center serves patients who require critical care for cardiac and vascular conditions and illnesses. When you join the CVICU you'll work with teammates who have been consistently recognized for their dedication to exceptional patient care. What's more, UHS Wilson Medical Center has been awarded with Gold Plus Achievement from the American Heart Association for following their Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure quality standards.
Registered Nurse Responsibilities and Expectations
- Provide exceptional care to patients, including proper diagnoses and treatment
- Use a working knowledge of pharmacology and safely administer medications
- Engage with patients' family members to keep them informed and encouraged while maintaining meticulous patient records and documentation
- Establish and maintain caring and collaborative relationships with patients/families and colleagues (nurses, physicians, support staff, and other disciplines)
- Comply with all standards of practice and professional development in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act, United Health Services' and the Nursing Division's policies, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the Patient's Bill of Rights
- Provide a supportive learning environment for new employees and students
- Treat all patients, family, and other visitors with respect and compassion
- Demonstrate commitment to United Health Services' organizational Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State Registered Nurse license
- CPR certification within three months of hire
- Completion of Medication Administration/Moderate Sedation, Basic Coronary Care course, and drain and suture removal competency during Orientation period
- Completion of Stroke Education/Apex Module within four months of hire
- Completion of Helipad Safety and Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump training within one year of hire
- ACLS certification within one year of hire
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous clinical nursing experience in an acute care or ambulatory setting
- Professional/advanced certification in a related nursing specialty (ANCC Cardiac-Vascular Nursing or AACN Acute and Critical Care Nursing certification)
How to Apply
Applications for our Registered Nurse position can be submitted through United Health Services' online application system.
About United Health Services
United Health Services is a not-for-profit healthcare system serving more than 500,000 people in Upstate New York's Southern Tier region. We offer integrated healthcare services across 60 locations, including four hospitals, three walk-in centers, and 22 primary care offices in addition to home care services and senior living facilities. The United Health Services system employs more than 6,300 people and comprises 600+ providers who are all committed to providing and supporting the delivery of exceptional patient care.
United Health Services employees and providers are “LOVED!” This means we're Living Our Values Every Day. Here, you'll join a team that is dedicated to values-based, coordinated patient care. Every day, we outwardly live our Values of Compassion, Trust, Respect, Teamwork, and Innovation.
United Health Services in an Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Health Services, Inc. and the members of the UHS System neither are affiliated with, sponsored, endorsed nor approved by, nor otherwise associated with, Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE: UHS), UHS of Delaware, Inc. nor their affiliates, which can be found at www.uhsinc.com.
Apply on company website