THE ULTA BEAUTY STORY:
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
The Lead Analyst is an integral and important role for Ulta Beauty's big data journey. Ulta Beauty is a data driven, customer-centric business at all levels of the organization and leverages the rich data to drive the business. The Lead Analyst is the link between Ulta Beauty's data program and its business objectives. He/she will extract value from big data systems in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them to stakeholders and partners.
The Lead Analyst will work with stakeholders across the company and related third parties to define and document business analytics processes and software requirements for various initiatives. The Lead Analyst will evaluate and validate new and existing functions, identify and analyze end-user issues and provide support through standardized processes, tools, workflow analysis and testing to ensure end-user requirements are fulfilled. This role will be an evangelist for leveraging Ulta Beauty's data to drive insights and action across the company. The Lead Analyst will lead regular data training and awareness cross functionally as well as leverage a new initiative to catalog data and KPIs in Ulta Beauty's key data ecosystems.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Requirements definition and management -Engage with business units and stakeholders to define scope of effort, work deliverables, data requirements and project plans and help resolve/escalate issues as needed to successfully deliver project(s). Leads scoping and business priority-setting for change initiatives. Develops functional specifications in a team environment, as well as derive use cases where appropriate. Ensures formal agreement by stakeholders on scope and requirements.
- Data Analysis - Creates standards for data analysis tools and techniques, advises on their application, and ensures compliance. Reviews and investigates corporate data requirements, and undertakes data analysis, data mapping, data modeling, KPI common definitions and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components. Identifies business trends and facilitates new data-driven thinking by identifying decision-making requirements. Curates information as an asset to facilitate stakeholder participation.
- Data Evangelism and Awareness - Leads awareness and training of data and possibly tools available on a regular basis to business units for either self-service or support for leveraging data to drive the business. Leverages the data catalog/dictionary in user friendly visuals and documentation to provide awareness and consulting on enterprise data including presentations. Facilitates sharing of reports/dashboards/best practices across enterprise analytics group and maintains community social teams.
- Relationship Management – Becomes a trusted partner of the business units/ stakeholders with regular communication cadence. Collaborate with stakeholders consulting on attaining business goals by leveraging enterprise data. Reviews the communication needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts. Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Analytics - Maintains appropriate analytical techniques to create information which supports business decision-making. Monitors usage of reports and data and determines relevancy. Maintains key metrics for the BI (Business Intelligence) group and regularly communicates.
- Develops a strong understanding of the business and data in addition to functional requirements. Facilitate governance sessions with power users to continously enhance and document Data Designs and Standards based on new learnings, new capabilities and functionality that is used by the different Ulta Beauty business units.
- Ensure the integrity is maintained of the BI (Business Intelligence) models, data and KPIs and systems especially the data through both project deployments and sustain activities. Looks for reuseablity of models cross functionally.
- Assist partner IT teams to deliver analytical and data needs in a timely and accurate manner, while still adhering to the Ulta Beauty BI and data standards.
- Guide the end users within deployments of self service analytics within the data ecosystem to meet their analytical needs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in data warehouse including data extraction, transformation and loading and usage of the data.
- Proven command of SQL.
- Experience with data modeling, mining, mapping and monitoring.
- Experience with common business intelligence and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, BOBJ, etc.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
- Assist in verifying correctness and completeness of the data model, data relationships, mappings and definitions for the functional business area.
- Experience conducting peer design and business requirements.
- Retail or CPG knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated success in influencing cross-functional teams/stakeholders and using enterprise thinking when making decisions.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities.
- Experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Apply on company website